Is there a comparative grammar of German and Dutch?

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
evandro
White Belt
Languages: Português (N), Français (C1), English (C1), Español (C1). Deutsch (practicing), Nederlands (beginner, studying)

Is there a comparative grammar of German and Dutch?

Postby evandro » Wed May 24, 2023 11:39 am

I have seen people discussing comparative grammars of romance languages (Spanish, French and Italian, sometimes with Portuguese in the mix).

As an upper intermediary learner of German and beginner learner of Dutch, I wondered if there is such a thing for these two languages, as it could be pretty useful for me!
0 x

DaveAgain
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: English (native), French & German (learning).
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... &start=200

Re: Is there a comparative grammar of German and Dutch?

Postby DaveAgain » Wed May 24, 2023 2:44 pm

evandro wrote:I have seen people discussing comparative grammars of romance languages (Spanish, French and Italian, sometimes with Portuguese in the mix).

As an upper intermediary learner of German and beginner learner of Dutch, I wondered if there is such a thing for these two languages, as it could be pretty useful for me!
There's a video presentation that gives an overview: Niederländisch für Deutschsprachige mit Linguistik.
4 x

evandro
White Belt
Languages: Português (N), Français (C1), English (C1), Español (C1). Deutsch (practicing), Nederlands (beginner, studying)

Re: Is there a comparative grammar of German and Dutch?

Postby evandro » Wed May 24, 2023 9:14 pm

DaveAgain wrote:There's a video presentation that gives an overview: Niederländisch für Deutschsprachige mit Linguistik.

That's a pretty interesting one, thank you!
2 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”