On the hunt for "Assimil - La Pratique du Néerlandais"

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
Airegin
Languages: Dutch, English, French

Re: On the hunt for "Assimil - La Pratique du Néerlandais"

Postby Airegin » Sun May 14, 2023 9:53 am

Where do you live? If you have access to Vinted, there are 3 for sale there but they are all older editions. Not a bad idea to keep an eye on Vinted for the newer edition every now and then.
0 x

Diomedes
Yellow Belt
Languages: Portuguese (N); English (advanced, esp. reading); French, Spanish (intermediate); German, Italian (beginner)

Postby Diomedes » Wed May 24, 2023 2:52 pm

Arnaud wrote:I have an audio called "La pratique du Néerlandais" on my HD, no pdf. I don't know which edition it is, the files were ripped in 2014
There are 81 lessons, apparently, according to the numbering of the files.
Edit: Apparently, he book has 85 lessons and was published in 1988, so the audio is probably coming from this book, with 4 missing files (perhaps bad numbering or missing files or revision lessons not recorded... I don't know)

I would bet that those extra lessons on the book have no audio.
0 x

tritiumoxide
Languages: English (N), Norwegian (B1), Spanish (A2), German (rusty)

Postby tritiumoxide » Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:51 am

Diomedes wrote:
Arnaud wrote:I have an audio called "La pratique du Néerlandais" on my HD, no pdf. I don't know which edition it is, the files were ripped in 2014
There are 81 lessons, apparently, according to the numbering of the files.
Edit: Apparently, he book has 85 lessons and was published in 1988, so the audio is probably coming from this book, with 4 missing files (perhaps bad numbering or missing files or revision lessons not recorded... I don't know)

I would bet that those extra lessons on the book have no audio.

My bet would be that every 7th lesson has no audio since there's no dialogue in the book for those lessons, and that there are actually 74 tracks in total, but they're all mis-numbered. I say this because I remember coming across some recordings like that years ago where the highest track number was 81 (such an odd number stuck in my head, apparently) despite being for lesson 85.

The book that they were still selling into the 2000s was the same 85 lesson one from 1978 (they may have had a 1988 printing and a few more in between as well), so I think we're all talking about the same book.

I've found what appears to be a listing for the book and CDs (the picture doesn't match, but ISBN and everything else does): https://www.deslegte.com/la-pratique-du ... o-3386053/
Unfortunately, they only ship to NL and BE, otherwise I would have gotten it myself. But anyone in either country or with a contact in either country you could have it shipped to might just be in luck!
1 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”