Turkish Resources (Comprehensive)

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
boracasli98
Languages: Türkçe (N), English (B2), Ελληνικά (A2-B1), Magyar (beginner), Română (beginner), Polski (beginner)

Re: MEDIA

Postby boracasli98 » Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:39 pm

Raconteur wrote:International streaming platforms: Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Apple TV, HBO Max, Paramount+ operate in Turkey and may offer additional Turkish language content, and Turkish audio/subtitle options in Turkey (or while using VPN outside of Turkey)

Hulu, Apple TV+, HBO Max and Paramount+ haven't got their broadcasting licence from the RTÜK yet, thus they don't operate in Turkey. The others you've mentioned do operate in Turkey.

I'll be adding much more media resources, so:

TRT İzle - The official streaming platform by the TRT, the national broadcaster of Turkey. On-demand content require you an account in order to be watched, live streams for sport channels are always geoblocked. TRT1 is geoblocked only when sport events are broadcast. TRT2 is geoblocked outside of Turkey most of the time. TRT Belgesel also gets geoblocked from time to time.

As far as I know, private channels broadcasting "dizi" and content of foreign origin are generally geoblocked to users outside Turkey, or they will broadcast the channels intended for Turks abroad, mainly Europe.
2 x

Raconteur
Green Belt
Languages: ­✄ ✄ ✄
Fʟᴜᴇɴᴛ(ish): Polski, English
Lᴇᴀʀɴɪɴɢ: Français, Italiano
Pᴀᴜsᴇᴅ: Türkçe

Postby Raconteur » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:21 pm

boracasli98 wrote:Hulu, Apple TV+, HBO Max and Paramount+ haven't got their broadcasting licence from the RTÜK yet, thus they don't operate in Turkey. The others you've mentioned do operate in Turkey.
Thank you for the correction, I fixed the original post. Just to double check, Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime are all ok?

TRT İzle - The official streaming platform by the TRT, the national broadcaster of Turkey. On-demand content require you an account in order to be watched, live streams for sport channels are always geoblocked. TRT1 is geoblocked only when sport events are broadcast. TRT2 is geoblocked outside of Turkey most of the time. TRT Belgesel also gets geoblocked from time to time.

As far as I know, private channels broadcasting "dizi" and content of foreign origin are generally geoblocked to users outside Turkey, or they will broadcast the channels intended for Turks abroad, mainly Europe.
Does using VPN solve the geoblocking issues for TRT İzle?
0 x

boracasli98
Languages: Türkçe (N), English (B2), Ελληνικά (A2-B1), Magyar (beginner), Română (beginner), Polski (beginner)

Postby boracasli98 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:50 am

Raconteur wrote:Thank you for the correction, I fixed the original post. Just to double check, Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime are all ok?

Yes, they're all okay.

Raconteur wrote:Does using VPN solve the geoblocking issues for TRT İzle?

I'm completely unsure about it. I don't use a Turkish VPN since I'm already in Turkey. All of these are my experiences while using VPNs from other countries meanwhile in Turkey.
0 x

Raconteur
Green Belt
Languages: ­✄ ✄ ✄
Fʟᴜᴇɴᴛ(ish): Polski, English
Lᴇᴀʀɴɪɴɢ: Français, Italiano
Pᴀᴜsᴇᴅ: Türkçe

Re: Turkish Resources (Comprehensive)

Postby Raconteur » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:23 pm

Sonjaconjota wrote:Okay, here's the rest, I think that's all. [...]
Thank you again for your contributions! The other languages sections looks mighty now :!:
1 x

Sonjaconjota
Green Belt
Languages: German (N) - English, Spanish, Catalan (advanced) - French, Dutch, Italian (intermediate) - Turkish (beginner)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 24#p192024

Postby Sonjaconjota » Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:52 pm

Hey, I've found another publisher with Turkish resources for German speakers:

Reichert Verlag | Günaydin - Einführung in die moderne türkische Sprache, Teil 1
Alev Tekinay, 2002
[coursebook]
The CD and answer key have to be purchased separately, but there’s also a pack with all three parts sold together.

Reichert Verlag | Günaydin - Einführung in die moderne türkische Sprache, Teil 2
Alev Tekinay, 2005
[coursebook]
The answer key has to be purchased separately.

Reichert Verlag | Günaydin - Einführung in die moderne türkische Sprache (Türkische Texte. Lese- und Arbeitsbuch), Teil 3
Alev Tekinay, 1996
[reader and workbook]

Reichert Verlag | Ich spreche Türkisch
Alev Tekinay, 1987
[phrasebook]

Reichert Verlag | Merhaba-nasılsın? - Lehrbuch. Alltagstürkisch in der Praxis
Sonja Reiß-Held, 2002
[coursebook for teachers and kindergartners]
The CD and teaching materials for tutors have to be purchased separately, but there is also a pack which includes everything.

Reichert Verlag | Türkisch am Krankenbett
Rosemarie Neumann, Zühre Sahin-Schmidt, 2010
[phrasebook for healthworkers]

Reichert Verlag | Türkisch Lehrbuch Grammatik
Hüseyin Aguicenoglu, 2014
[grammar]

Reichert Verlag | Übungsbuch Nebensätze Türkisch
Rosemarie Neumann, Zühre Sahin-Schmidt, 2014
[workbook subordinate clauses]
2 x

senorsmile
Languages: N - English
B2 - Spanish, Hebrew
A2 - Dutch, Latin, French, Japanese
A1 - Russian, Mandarin

Postby senorsmile » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:00 am

Another great (imho) app/course is Mango Languages. They only have 68 lessons, which is on the low end for their courses. On average they have 80-100 lessons, with the most comprehensive courses 500+, e.g. Spanish, French, Levantine Arabic etc.
0 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”