Myongdo's Korean

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
peterbeischmidt
Yellow Belt

Myongdo's Korean

Postby peterbeischmidt » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:38 pm

Some current or prospective students of Korean may know the textbook series "Myongdo's Korean" which is one of the most comprehensive such series for the language and has also been recommended by many, Prof. Arguelles among others. I have for a while been trying to get a hold of the audio recordings, but have so far gone empty-handed. Today I noticed that an offer for both the textbooks and the recordings cropped up on Amazon Marketplace, albeit for a price that exceeds the means of a poor student from a third-world country such as me.
It therefore occurred to me to ask whether there's anybody around on this forum who might be interested to buy them together with me. We'd cut the price in half and would then digitze the recordings. Whoever joins in could keep the physical tapes and books.

I realize that chances are slim, but I nevertheless wanted to ask.

Anybody?

Here's the link to the offer: http://www.amazon.com/MYONGDOS-KOREAN-C ... 0036WBV5C/
0 x

Speakeasy

Re: Myongdo's Korean

Postby Speakeasy » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:41 pm

I'm in. Although I have no particular interest in studying Korean, I am willing to split the cost of the cassette tapes for Myonngdo's Korean. I am more interested in preserving a rare language course than actually using it myself. I would imagine that your skills and equipment for digitizing the cassette tapes surpass my own. So, I would prefer that you do the "heavy lifting" and send me digital copy of the converted mp3 audio files. By the way, I notice that the textbook is still available on Amazon and elsewhere. I assume that there will be a few confidential issues to discuss, not the least of which would be the transfer of funds. If what I have offered as a "participation" in your project appears interesting to you, send me an Email. Either way, I fully support your efforts in preserving these older courses!
1 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”