What is Pimsleur "premium?"

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
El Forastero
Orange Belt
Languages: Spanish (N), French (C1), English (C1), Italian (C1), Portuguese (C1), German (Beginner), Russian (beginner), Wayuunaiki (Beginner)

Re: What is Pimsleur "premium?"

Postby El Forastero » Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:17 pm

I'm currently listening to the level 4 of German. The complexity doesn't seems to be beyond level 3: I found an expanded vocabulary but sentences are still quite short.

I did the "German Plus" level, which I thought it was next to the level 3, but apparently it's next to the 5. It has a very specific vocabulary related to writers, editors, publishers, bookstores and so on. But the syntax and grammar were quite similar.

Anyway, I found them appropriate to study in the middle of the dark, eyes closed, when I want to have a rest but I'm not enough tired to fall asleep.
2 x
Please correct my errors in any tongue.
Visit my blog (In spanish)
Visit my youtube channel (In spanish)
: 4 / 10 10 C1 before being 55 years old
Are you looking for an online spanish tutor?

El Forastero
Orange Belt
Languages: Spanish (N), French (C1), English (C1), Italian (C1), Portuguese (C1), German (Beginner), Russian (beginner), Wayuunaiki (Beginner)

Postby El Forastero » Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:22 pm

I'm also listening to Russian Level I. The main problem I found is the accent / pronunciation of the speakers. It seems to me too nasal and not well vocalized. Maybe it's the natural russian you can hear everywhere in Moscow, but for me it's not as clear as the audios I used to listen on russianforfree.com, which are very clear. Maybe they are artificially clearer, but it's a comfortable resource for a beginner like me.
3 x
Please correct my errors in any tongue.
Visit my blog (In spanish)
Visit my youtube channel (In spanish)
: 4 / 10 10 C1 before being 55 years old
Are you looking for an online spanish tutor?

rowanexer
Yellow Belt
Languages: English (N), Japanese (N2), French (B1), Portuguese (A2)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=19019

Postby rowanexer » Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:04 pm

I have the Pimsleur app for European Portuguese which has premium.

It's okay but definitely the meat of the course is still in the audio lessons and the reading lessons. Premium adds in flashcards, for the sentences you learn in the lessons, as well as some bonus flashcards that aren't taught in the audio lessons. There is also the voice coach but I haven't used it. I do find the flashcards pretty good. If I didn't do too well in a lesson, or I'm confused about how a word is spelled, then I do some quick rounds of the flashcards to review.
0 x

Ruiseñor
White Belt
Languages: spanish (N) english (a1) french (a1)

Postby Ruiseñor » Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:32 pm

It's funny but this "plus" goes totally against the spirit of the creator, no text etc., who from what I think prevented the courses from being modified or updated... they found the devil to do it
1 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”