I built a prototype for a YouTube language learning app. Any interest in this?

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
klin21698
Languages: English (N), Mandarin (N), Spanish (C1), Russian (B1)

I built a prototype for a YouTube language learning app. Any interest in this?

Postby klin21698 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:26 pm

I enjoy learning vocabulary by watching YouTube videos, but I couldn't find a mobile app that lets me look up words on-the-fly. If this is something that you're interested in, please let me know! If enough people are interested, I can work on this some more and release it to everyone.

Features:
-Ability to click on an individual word to view its translation without pausing the video or switching to another screen.
-Only videos in your target language are listed, so you don't have to filter them yourself (the default YouTube can list videos of any language)
-Back/forward buttons to navigate between captions
-Import any YouTube video to view in the app as long as it has captions (manual or automatically generated) in the target language
0 x

RiotAct
Languages: English (N), French (C2), Dutch (B2), Spanish (B1), Greek (A2), Bulgarian (A1), Armenian (beginner)

Re: I built a prototype for a YouTube language learning app. Any interest in this?

Postby RiotAct » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:22 pm

That looks like amazing app! I'm definitely interested!
0 x

jimmy
Green Belt
Languages: ...

Re: I built a prototype for a YouTube language learning app. Any interest in this?

Postby jimmy » Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:49 pm

maybe , you may have confused the meaning of "prototype" word.
As a patent developer/inventor, I think that "prototype" relates to the sample which has had technical aspect of a device or product.
0 x
Self Taught - Autodidactic

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”