Does anyone have Assimil German mp3 files they could send me? Received only CDs by mistake

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
grayson
Yellow Belt
Languages: English (N)
Dutch (fluent)
Spanish (false beginner)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=18491

Does anyone have Assimil German mp3 files they could send me? Received only CDs by mistake

Postby grayson » Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:40 am

I bought Assimil's Duits zonder moeite (German with Ease, but in Dutch) in a version that includes a USB stick with the mp3 files on it. Alas, the version I received is a previous release, with audio + mp3 CDs only. We no longer have a CD player, so that's a bit of a roadblock.

I contacted the seller (a local shop through Amazon) and they've sold out of the version I actually ordered. Before I return what I received, I thought I'd see if someone here has the accompanying mp3 files and could share them with me. Proof of purchase:

Since the audio is all in German, I don't think it matters what source language you bought the course in, only the version of the text. Mine is the 2013 version, authored by Maria Roemer / Roemer Gudrun (her name is listed differently in the front and back matter, oddly). The first 29 lessons:

Is anyone here in a position to help me? Many thanks in advance, if so!
0 x
gbmj.net | my 2024 log | my 2024 life areas | my 2024 commitments
~~~
Much madness is divinest sense, to a discerning eye; much sense, the starkest madness. —Emily Dickinson

rdearman
Site Admin
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Re: Does anyone have Assimil German mp3 files they could send me? Received only CDs by mistake

Postby rdearman » Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:02 am

grayson wrote:I bought Assimil's Duits zonder moeite (German with Ease, but in Dutch) in a version that includes a USB stick with the mp3 files on it. Alas, the version I received is a previous release, with audio + mp3 CDs only. We no longer have a CD player, so that's a bit of a roadblock.

I contacted the seller (a local shop through Amazon) and they've sold out of the version I actually ordered. Before I return what I received, I thought I'd see if someone here has the accompanying mp3 files and could share them with me. Proof of purchase:

Since the audio is all in German, I don't think it matters what source language you bought the course in, only the version of the text. Mine is the 2013 version, authored by Maria Roemer / Roemer Gudrun (her name is listed differently in the front and back matter, oddly). The first 29 lessons:

Is anyone here in a position to help me? Many thanks in advance, if so!

Have you tried contacting the company? They seem pretty good at customer service and might be able to help.

https://www.assimil.com/en/
1 x
: 0 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

księżycowy
Blue Belt
Languages: *Native*
English

*Studying*
Biblical Greek, Hebrew, German (Arabic)

*Waiting List*
Irish, Polish, Lithuanian, Italian, Modern Greek, Latin, Old English, Japanese, Korean, Chinese (Mandarin, Cantonese, Taiwanese), Vietnamese, Mongolian, Tibetan, Aramaic, Amharic, Arabic, Haitian Creole, Cayuga
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=17499

Re: Does anyone have Assimil German mp3 files they could send me? Received only CDs by mistake

Postby księżycowy » Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:46 pm

I'm not saying that the particular version you are looking for is available (therefore I second rdearman's suggestion with contacting Assimil's customer service), but they do sell the audio to some courses as mp3 downloads on their website. That's how I got the audio to their Hebrew course when I thought I lost the CDs.

Also, judging from the photo of the track listings, the audio may very well be the same as the current German course. It definitely looks like the audio I got for the English based German course a good few years ago. I could be misremembering, however.
0 x
Dead Log
Modern European Log
East Asian Log

DaF Kompakt A1-B1 (Klett) : 1 / 30
Modern German Pronunciation 2e (Hall) : 0 / 7
[Greek and Hebrew TBD]

Lawyer&Mom
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N), German (B2), French (B1)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=7786

Postby Lawyer&Mom » Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:22 pm

Surely you have a friend older than the hills who still has a CD drive on their computer and can make you a flash drive? (We have at least two such computers at our house.)
0 x
Grammaire progressive du français -
niveau debutant
: 60 / 60

Grammaire progressive du francais -
intermédiaire
: 25 / 52

Pimsleur French 1-5
: 3 / 5

grayson
Yellow Belt
Dutch (fluent)
Spanish (false beginner)

Postby grayson » Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:33 pm

Thanks for your suggestions. I'm not at a loss for alternative ways to get these files; I simply estimated asking here to be less effort than what's been suggested so far.
0 x
~~~
Much madness is divinest sense, to a discerning eye; much sense, the starkest madness. —Emily Dickinson

badger
Green Belt
Languages: native: English
intermediate: French
dabbling: Spanish
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... p?p=135580

Postby badger » Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:44 pm

USB CD (or CD/DVD) drives are pretty cheap if you don't have any luck getting mp3's
1 x
Super Challenge progress French (double):
reading: 5000 / 5000 reading: 5000 / 5000
watching: 150 / 150 watching: 150 / 150

grayson
Yellow Belt
Dutch (fluent)
Spanish (false beginner)

Postby grayson » Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:14 am

Resolved! An awesome fellow LLORGer has PM'd me with the files. Thanks again to you!
3 x
~~~

markitoswien
Languages: English
Serbian
Croatian

Postby markitoswien » Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:05 pm

Dear ppl,

I have the same problem, I bought a book but didn't get the CD :(

Does anybody have mp3 audio files? Could you please share with me? :) I would be so grateful!

Thank a lot!!!!
Marko from Vienna, AT
0 x

UpsetPenguin
Languages: Italian (N), English (C2), French (C1), Spanish (C1), German (beginner)

Postby UpsetPenguin » Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:55 am

Hi everyone! I know this might be a long shot, considering this thread is now almost a year old but I thought it might be worth a try nonetheless.

I bought a used copy of Assimil German with ease (2013 edition) from a guy on Ebay and the USB stick he gave me has all the audios but most of them, for some unknown reason, are corrupted and can't be opened. I already tried listening to them from different devices and using different players but with no luck.

Is there anybody kind enough to send me the mp3 files here through a PM or just a download link so that I can start my German learning adventure? I'd really appreciate it!!!

Thanks in advance :)
0 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”