Polish medium-advanced course?

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
anitarrc
Orange Belt
Languages: Moved around... English + German + Spanish + Dutch + French + Portuguese
used daily
Catalá Russian Serbian: struggling but improving. Bahasa..needs refreshment

Polish medium-advanced course?

Postby anitarrc » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:20 am

My colleague from eastern Ukraine wants to improve her Polish.
She has studied it intensely in a shelter in Lviv while waiting for an opportunity to get out with a work contract.. Her native language is Russian with Ukrainian almost native. She tells me Polish and Ukrainian are very similar in many ways, but she wants to take care of Polish proofreading here and longs for improvement. She has studied German at university and writes/speaks it well.

So she is looking for a course from one of her languages, allowing her to study at home.

Any ideas welcome.
0 x

księżycowy
Blue Belt
Languages: *Native*
English

*Studying*
Biblical Greek, Hebrew, German (Arabic)

*Waiting List*
Irish, Polish, Lithuanian, Italian, Modern Greek, Latin, Old English, Japanese, Korean, Chinese (Mandarin, Cantonese, Taiwanese), Vietnamese, Mongolian, Tibetan, Aramaic, Amharic, Arabic, Haitian Creole, Cayuga
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=17499

Re: Polish medium-advanced course?

Postby księżycowy » Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:37 am

My main thought would for her to check out some of the higher level textbooks/workbooks from Universitas. I've mostly seen the textbooks, but from B1 and higher they are written monolingually in Polish and contain the audio and an answer key. I would guess that the workbooks would be similar.

That's about all I can think of, anyway.
1 x
Dead Log
Modern European Log
East Asian Log

DaF Kompakt A1-B1 (Klett) : 1 / 30
Modern German Pronunciation 2e (Hall) : 0 / 7
[Greek and Hebrew TBD]

anitarrc
Orange Belt
Languages: Moved around... English + German + Spanish + Dutch + French + Portuguese
used daily
Catalá Russian Serbian: struggling but improving. Bahasa..needs refreshment

Postby anitarrc » Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:03 am

księżycowy wrote:My main thought would for her to check out some of the higher level textbooks/workbooks from Universitas. I've mostly seen the textbooks, but from B1 and higher they are written monolingually in Polish and contain the audio and an answer key. I would guess that the workbooks would be similar.

That's about all I can think of, anyway.

thank you. Monolingual Grammar is perfect and 25 Zloty for an ebook is great, too.
0 x

piotr
White Belt
Languages: Polish (N), Colombian Spanish (C2), English (B2), Southern Quechua (B1), Tikuna (A2), and others unworthy of mention here

Postby piotr » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:26 pm

This is still an early stage of development but, hopefully, my computer program can help with the pronunciation of the Polish Language. I'd say the Polish and the Russian or the Ukrainian pronunciations can be very different. ;)

https://github.com/piotrbajdek/lngcnv

It's freely available for download, open-source, and cross-platform. I don't take money for linguistic knowledge... :P
0 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”