Difusión Graded Spanish Readers

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
haziz
Orange Belt
Languages: English (L2 but at native level - my primary language), Spanish (Beginner - ?A1), Egyptian Arabic (N but not using the language), Modern Standard Arabic (?C1 passive/reading, A2 active/writing - also not using), French (Studied in school but retained very little).
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=19722

Difusión Graded Spanish Readers

Postby haziz » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:57 am

I stumbled across the Difusión graded (CEFR [A2, B1, etc.]) Spanish Readers while shopping at the brick and mortar Shoenhof's bookstore in Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA). I have not seen any reference to them either here or on HTLAL.

I bought several, having found them useful after leafing through them in the store. I am going through the Gabriel Garcia Marquez biography booklet right now and my positive impression has been reinforced. They are each accompanied by audio, read by a professional actor/actress, either as a physical CD attached to the book or as an MP3 download. They are however very slender, essentially small booklets, and therefore a bit on the expensive side at least here in the US, but fortunately they were on discount at the time I was shopping. Sadly however, that discount has now expired. I do like them, but many may find them lacking in terms of value for money, since they are quite short. You may want to examine them in person before taking the plunge.

Despite their brevity, I do find them useful and wanted to spread the word. I have no vested interest in either the publisher or the vendor; just a satisfied customer.
5 x
Spanish:
: 23 / 55 FSI
: 16 / 126 Gramática de uso del español
: 1 / 15 Spanish for Reading
: 11 / 52 Destinos
: 3 / 2500 24/25 Super Challenge Reading
: 79 / 4500 24/25 Super Challenge Watching

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”