Cantab
White Belt
Languages: English (Native)
French (Professional)
Russian (Intermediate)

Russian Verbs of Motion Stories

Postby Cantab » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:55 am

Hi All!

I have a number of resources to grind through the Russian VOM, but none have helped more to internalise the various usages than this: https://wikitranslate.org/wiki/We_were_ ... ng/Russian . I wonder if anyone knows of any similar story-style resources with audio?

Many thanks.
2 x

nat_kovalenko
Languages: Ukrainian (N), English (B2), Korean (A1), Spanish (beginner)

Re: Russian Verbs of Motion Stories

Postby nat_kovalenko » Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:24 am

I can help you. I`m a native Russian and Ukrainian speaker. It will be my pleasure
0 x

anitarrc
Orange Belt
Languages: Moved around... English + German + Spanish + Dutch + French + Portuguese
used daily
Catalá Russian Serbian: struggling but improving. Bahasa..needs refreshment

Postby anitarrc » Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:15 am

Cantab wrote:Hi All!

I have a number of resources to grind through the Russian VOM, but none have helped more to internalise the various usages than this: https://wikitranslate.org/wiki/We_were_ ... ng/Russian . I wonder if anyone knows of any similar story-style resources with audio?

Many thanks.

Thanks to you,
I am slowly making my way through this lesson. At last, some things become clearer :D
0 x

Iversen
Black Belt - 4th Dan
Languages: Monolingual travels in Danish, English, German, Dutch, Swedish, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Catalan, Italian, Romanian and (part time) Esperanto
Ahem, not yet: Norwegian, Afrikaans, Platt, Scots, Russian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Albanian, Greek, Latin, Irish, Indonesian and a few more...
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1027

Postby Iversen » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:18 am

In the early 80s I bought a real scientific book about the "Verbs of Motion in Russian" written by the very real russkaja linguist L.Muravyova, and I have still not dared to open it. You may remember the scene from one of the Harry Potter films where the curriculum for that year includes a book chosen by Hagrid, and if you open it all kinds of wild and dangerous critters flutter madly out from its pitch dark interiors, and you have a lot of trouble convincing them to get back into the book. That's my feelings about the verbs of motion in Russian...
3 x

anitarrc
Orange Belt
Languages: Moved around... English + German + Spanish + Dutch + French + Portuguese
used daily
Catalá Russian Serbian: struggling but improving. Bahasa..needs refreshment

Postby anitarrc » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:04 pm

Iversen wrote:In the early 80s I bought a real scientific book about the "Verbs of Motion in Russian" written by the very real russkaja linguist L.Muravyova, and I have still not dared to open it. You may remember the scene from one of the Harry Potter films where the curriculum for that year includes a book chosen by Hagrid, and if you open it all kinds of wild and dangerous critters flutter madly out from its pitch dark interiors, and you have a lot of trouble convincing them to get back into the book. That's my feelings about the verbs of motion in Russian...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I believe you, 150%. My knowledge of Harry Potter is limited but I am imagining something along these lines from Lord Of The Rings. I will redigest the lesson and then ask my Ukrainian (bilingual) squatter to explain the rest.
0 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”