Feedback for my app

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
JonasN

Feedback for my app

Postby JonasN » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:49 am

Hello,
so I started studying Swedish this year and wanted to use my smartphone to learn my vocabulary. Therefor I wrote an app for me, that asks me words I entered in the app frequently over the day via simple notifications. I look at my smartphone all day, anyway, so why shouldn't I use it for this purpose, too?
It worked out really well and so I uploaded it in the android app store, because I thought some people might want to use it, too. It does not cost anything and there is no advertisement. I just hope it helps someone. If you have any ideas how i could improve it, please tell me!

Here is the link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .whatmeans

Cheers,
Jonas
0 x

rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Re: Feedback for my app

Postby rdearman » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:18 pm

I had a quick look at this app. Not as powerful as ANKI but having an app prompt you for words at random times during the day is probably a good idea, although I it would be a hassle for me because I use my phone at work. Some ideas you might want to consider:

1) Have a look at all the stuff anki does, video, sound, text, support for markups, as well as html/css formating. Statistics, graphs, etc.
2) Need to be able to establish "quiet times" since I don't want the thing prompting me in the middle of doing an email on my phone.
3) Some kind of export/synchronisation function (perhaps to google drive?)
4) Didn't see anyway to "speed import" from a csv or excel spreadsheet the vocabulary.
5) Needs support for cloze deletion type cards
6) Leech deletion?

I would say you have a long uphill battle to replace anki, but I do like the idea of random prompting for vocabulary.

Finally you don't seem to have read the post about "drive-by" posting of your product. However I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since you actually only asked for feedback.
2 x
: 0 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”