The Nature Method Courses

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
galaxyrocker
Brown Belt
Languages: English (N), Irish (Teastas Eorpach na Gaeilge B2), French, dabbling elsewhere sometimes
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=757

Re: The Nature Method Courses

Postby galaxyrocker » Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:10 pm

mokibao wrote:Yeah but that one's always been more or less available. I would be more impressed if they published volumes from the Russian course that aren't the one found in University of Michigan.

I have a possible lead about maybe finding them. Just gotta get around to actually sending an email. Otherwise, they're quite likely lost.
2 x

Cantab
White Belt
Languages: English (Native)
French (Professional)
Russian (Intermediate)

Postby Cantab » Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:28 pm

galaxyrocker wrote:
mokibao wrote:Yeah but that one's always been more or less available. I would be more impressed if they published volumes from the Russian course that aren't the one found in University of Michigan.

I have a possible lead about maybe finding them. Just gotta get around to actually sending an email. Otherwise, they're quite likely lost.

You are a certified legend if you find them!
0 x

galaxyrocker
Brown Belt
Languages: English (N), Irish (Teastas Eorpach na Gaeilge B2), French, dabbling elsewhere sometimes

Postby galaxyrocker » Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:46 pm

Cantab wrote:You are a certified legend if you find them!

I was the one who managed to find the one at MSU, the Danish ones and got copies of the German ones out and about, as well as the Russian Alphabet lol. This'll just be the tip of the iceberg; it's been a bit of an obsession finding these books.
4 x

Cantab
White Belt
Languages: English (Native)
French (Professional)
Russian (Intermediate)

Postby Cantab » Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:50 pm

galaxyrocker wrote:
Cantab wrote:You are a certified legend if you find them!

I was the one who managed to find the one at MSU, the Danish ones and got copies of the German ones out and about, as well as the Russian Alphabet lol. This'll just be the tip of the iceberg; it's been a bit of an obsession finding these books.

In that case it's clear you already bear the certified rank of Legend! You shall then be re-certified to Super-Legend-Ultra-Plus if you manage to dig up the full Russian texts!
3 x

polllyglot
White Belt
Languages: Latin, French, English

Postby polllyglot » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:31 pm

There is another book called Lengua Española (looks more like an adaptation of LLPSI) and Ayan Academy just started sharing the audio for it on youtube.
1 x

galaxyrocker
Brown Belt

Postby galaxyrocker » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:40 pm

Yes, I've bought the book and sent it to them. It's good, but I don't think it's of the same quality.
0 x

thevagrant88
Orange Belt
Languages: English (N), Spanish (C1) Japanese (FU)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =14564#top

Postby thevagrant88 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:29 am

Would any other these natural method books be well suited to use on an e-reader? I’ve thumbed through LLPSI and Athenaze in the past and they seem pretty dependent on illustrations and liner notes, which is obviously fantastic for using the physical books. It is problematic on the kindle though.
1 x

galaxyrocker
Brown Belt

Postby galaxyrocker » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:02 pm

thevagrant88 wrote:Would any other these natural method books be well suited to use on an e-reader? I’ve thumbed through LLPSI and Athenaze in the past and they seem pretty dependent on illustrations and liner notes, which is obviously fantastic for using the physical books. It is problematic on the kindle though.

They can be used, but it needs to be read as a pdf. Really, especially early on, they all require images. But if you can get a good one for reading pdfs it should work (my Quaderno does wonders with it), but they're definitely a lot like LLPSI
1 x

polllyglot
White Belt
Languages: Latin, French, English

Postby polllyglot » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:15 pm

thevagrant88 wrote:Would any other these natural method books be well suited to use on an e-reader? I’ve thumbed through LLPSI and Athenaze in the past and they seem pretty dependent on illustrations and liner notes, which is obviously fantastic for using the physical books. It is problematic on the kindle though.

I haven't bought one for myself yet but Ayan Academy seems to be providing really good looking hardcover copies.
1 x

thevagrant88
Orange Belt
Languages: English (N), Spanish (C1) Japanese (FU)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =14564#top

Postby thevagrant88 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:25 am

I just saw their YouTube page. Pretty solid substitute.
0 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”