Learn French with Alexa and Kwiziq

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
jeffers
Blue Belt
Languages: Speaks: English (N), Hindi (A2-B1)

Learning: The above, plus French (A2-B1), German (A1), Ancient Greek (?), Sanskrit (beginner)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=19785

Learn French with Alexa and Kwiziq

Postby jeffers » Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:57 am

When recently returned to using Kwiziq, my Google search for the site brought this result: https://kwiziq.learnfrenchwithalexa.com/

The page states:
Learn French with Alexa and Kwiziq have teamed up to provide you a complete personalised learning program. Working along side the wonderful videos and content you love from Alexa, Kwiziq will track your progress and provide you with personalised "top up" lessons to help you perfect your French.

To get started we will give you a free CEFR standard test to establish your current level.

From there Kwiziq will keep "Kwizzing" you, and provide you with personalised learning suggestions, including more content from Alexa, and keep you updated on your progress every time you use the site.

It's like having your own personal language coach 24x7.

Does anyone know if this means that the subscription includes a subscription to French with Alexa? Or does it simply mean that the video links in the Kwiziq lessons are to Alexa's free videos? Initially I thought the former, but Alexa is a lot more expensive than Kwiziq, and reading more closely, the phrase "including more content from Alexa" makes me think they are just using more of her free content than they did before.

Unless anyone knows otherwise, I think I've answered my own question. However, as a related question, has anyone used the subscription lessons on French with Alexa? Any opinions you'd like to share? (A quick search of the forums has only broght up a complaint about payment, and some references to her youtube videos).
0 x
Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien (roughly, the perfect is the enemy of the good)

French SC Books: 0 / 5000 (0/5000 pp)
French SC Films: 0 / 9000 (0/9000 mins)

rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Re: Learn French with Alexa and Kwiziq

Postby rdearman » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:31 am

I don't have an answer for your question. I thought you were talking about Amazon's Alexa (the echo), and I thought wow, what a great idea! French grammar with my smart-speaker. I have to say, I was a little disappointed that it was an actual person named Alexa.
3 x
: 0 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

jeffers
Blue Belt
Languages: Speaks: English (N), Hindi (A2-B1)

Learning: The above, plus French (A2-B1), German (A1), Ancient Greek (?), Sanskrit (beginner)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=19785

Re: Learn French with Alexa and Kwiziq

Postby jeffers » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:39 am

rdearman wrote:I don't have an answer for your question. I thought you were talking about Amazon's Alexa (the echo), and I thought wow, what a great idea! French grammar with my smart-speaker. I have to say, I was a little disappointed that it was an actual person named Alexa.

There is already a thread about that: https://forum.language-learners.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10435&p=139856, which I noticed when trying to search for any threads about French with Alexa, but since I don't have an alexa device I didn't look closer.
0 x
Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien (roughly, the perfect is the enemy of the good)

French SC Books: 0 / 5000 (0/5000 pp)
French SC Films: 0 / 9000 (0/9000 mins)

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”