Requesting review/comparison - "Hugo Italian"

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
Ug_Caveman
Green Belt
Languages: English (N), Dutch (A2 - July 2021), working towards B1

Requesting review/comparison - "Hugo Italian"

Postby Ug_Caveman » Mon May 10, 2021 11:17 pm

Having perused Amazon reviews out of boredom over the last few hours, I've noticed an interesting theme - that Hugo Italian in Three Months seems to have a much worse rep than their Spanish, French and Dutch courses (I've yet to check their German and Portuguese courses.)

Is anyone here in a position to attest to such? And if it isn't quite as robust as its sibling courses, could anyone recommend a decent Italian course that is similar in scope and level to Hugo? (Preferably with audio?)

Many thanks all
0 x
Languages: English (N), Dutch (passed A2 exam in May 2021, failed B1 in May 2023 - never sit an exam when you have food poisoning!)

Seeking: Linguaphone Polish and Linguaphone Afrikaans

Gomaith
Languages: English N

Re: Requesting review/comparison - "Hugo Italian"

Postby Gomaith » Sat May 15, 2021 12:50 am

BBC Buongiorno Italia. Get the new version and the 3 CDs. The new version has been updated for the euro. The TV programmes are all on Youtube. The follow-up book is 'L'Italia dal Vivo. This was never updated and the audio was only ever on cassette tapes. However, the audio is available on Youtube.

A similar situation with BBC Italianissimo. Book 1 has been updated with CDs and the TV programmes are on Youtube. Italianissimo 2 was never updated, the audio was only on cassette tapes, but it is available on Youtube.
1 x

Faust
White Belt
Languages: English (N)

Re: Requesting review/comparison - "Hugo Italian"

Postby Faust » Mon May 17, 2021 1:41 am

Ug_Caveman wrote:Having perused Amazon reviews out of boredom over the last few hours, I've noticed an interesting theme - that Hugo Italian in Three Months seems to have a much worse rep than their Spanish, French and Dutch courses (I've yet to check their German and Portuguese courses.)

Is anyone here in a position to attest to such? And if it isn't quite as robust as its sibling courses, could anyone recommend a decent Italian course that is similar in scope and level to Hugo? (Preferably with audio?)

Many thanks all

Living Italian: A Grammar-Based Course

Very affordable and thorough. Let us know how you like it after you finish. Cheers.
0 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”