Is anyone else having trouble with Speakly?

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
Araminta
White Belt
Languages: English (N) Español (intermediate)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 2ec7b88c80

Is anyone else having trouble with Speakly?

Postby Araminta » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:23 am

For the past week, I've had a lot of trouble using Speakly. When I'm in the "Study Area" and click on the continue button, it freezes. Weird things happen. I usually have to reload every page. Sometimes up to 6 times. I'm using my laptop with Windows 10 and a Google Chrome browser. My internet seems fine and I can use Chrome to do things on other websites. As you can understand, this is seriously harshing my mellow. I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong?
2 x

Cavesa
Black Belt - 4th Dan
Languages: Czech (N), French (C2) English (C1), Italian (C1), Spanish, German (C1)

Re: Is anyone else having trouble with Speakly?

Postby Cavesa » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:21 am

Yes. And you're doing nothing wrong.

I contacted the support approximately a week ago. They told me they were aware of the issue and working on a solution.

It's extremely annoying, I have the same troubles as you. I have to reload the pages a lot, cannot progress and get audio repetition instead repeatedly, sometimes my answer gets saved and sometimes not. It makes Speakly extremely slow, annoying, and inefficient for now. I hope they'll sort it out soon.

Perhaps contact them too, just as a reminder. And perhaps they'll tell you more and will know a more exact time plan for fixing.
1 x

Araminta
White Belt

Postby Araminta » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:46 pm

Yes, your description of the audio repeating, inconsistent credit for answers and not progressing to the next page matches my experience exactly. Thanks so much for letting me know that I am not alone in this Speakly purgatory. It is much appreciated. I sent an email to their costumer support yesterday. I would probably take a break from daily Speakly routine if it weren't for my 34 day streak. Fingers crossed that they work it out soon.
1 x

Cavesa
Black Belt - 4th Dan
Languages: Czech (N), French (C2) English (C1), Italian (C1), Spanish, German (C1)

Postby Cavesa » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:32 pm

Good news! It looks mostly ok now. Answer from support: "our developers are doing some last fixes. Have you noticed any error within the last 3 hours?"And I haven't, for now. It seems to be running smoothly! I'm excited!
1 x

Araminta
White Belt

Postby Araminta » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:26 pm

That is fantastic! Yesterday, it seemed easier to use. I didn't get a message from Speakly, but I was hoping they had fixed some of the problems. It's so much nicer to focus on language learning rather than on a buggy program. Fingers crossed that we don't have to experience the Speakly Purgatory again!
1 x

Henkkles
Green Belt
Languages: N FI | A EN SV | I EE RU | B FR LN

Postby Henkkles » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:35 pm

Has also happened to me, I thought it was just my myriad browser extensions that caused the problems. Good to know it's being worked on, I've got Estonian to learn.
2 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”