TV Series and a Movie dubbed (save one) into Spanish

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
MorkTheFiddle
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: English (N). Read (only) French and Spanish. Studying Ancient Greek. Studying a bit of Latin. Once studied Old Norse. Dabbled in Catalan, Provençal and Italian.
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 11#p133911

TV Series and a Movie dubbed (save one) into Spanish

Postby MorkTheFiddle » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:58 pm

Note to Mods. I simply can not imagine these are okay because of copyright issues, but nevertheless I found them last night on Youtube.

Some American TV shows dubbed into Spanish:

Wild, Wild West, Rawhide, The High Chaparral and The Streets of San Francisco

And a Spanish (from Spain) TV Series from 2008: Lex

These may be of some use to Spanish learners, depending on your tastes and inclinations.
Of the American TV shows, when they originally aired I watched Rawhide pretty faithfully but thought the rest were lame.
I have not seen Lex, so I have no comments on it.

Edited to remove urls, Spanish language titles and a movie title.
Last edited by MorkTheFiddle on Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Many things which are false are transmitted from book to book, and gain credit in the world. -- attributed to Samuel Johnson

emk
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: English (N), French (B2+)
Badly neglected "just for fun" languages: Middle Egyptian, Spanish.
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=723

Re: TV Series and a Movie dubbed (save one) into Spanish

Postby emk » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:54 pm

MorkTheFiddle wrote:Note to Mods. I simply can not imagine these are okay because of copyright issues, but nevertheless I found them last night on Youtube.

This is partially the fault of the moderators—for not having posted forum rules regarding copyright yet—but we would strongly prefer it if you would not link to obvious copyright violations, particularly entire TV episodes or movies posted to YouTube without official approval.

It's generally OK to link to short excerpts of movies or TV shows, or to content posted by actual TV companies. YouTube music videos are also usually OK, because YouTube has multi-billion-dollar deals with record companies and musicians, and provides various tools copyright holders can use to block or take down songs.

At a minimum, please edit your post and remove the YouTube links. Thank you.
1 x

MorkTheFiddle
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: English (N). Read (only) French and Spanish. Studying Ancient Greek. Studying a bit of Latin. Once studied Old Norse. Dabbled in Catalan, Provençal and Italian.
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 11#p133911

Postby MorkTheFiddle » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:47 pm

emk wrote:
MorkTheFiddle wrote:Note to Mods. I simply can not imagine these are okay because of copyright issues, but nevertheless I found them last night on Youtube.

This is partially the fault of the moderators—for not having posted forum rules regarding copyright yet—but we would strongly prefer it if you would not link to obvious copyright violations, particularly entire TV episodes or movies posted to YouTube without official approval.

It's generally OK to link to short excerpts of movies or TV shows, or to content posted by actual TV companies. YouTube music videos are also usually OK, because YouTube has multi-billion-dollar deals with record companies and musicians, and provides various tools copyright holders can use to block or take down songs.

At a minimum, please edit your post and remove the YouTube links. Thank you.

Not a problem. I have done as you suggested. And thanks for clarifying for me the difference between music videos and other kinds of posts to Youtube.
0 x
Many things which are false are transmitted from book to book, and gain credit in the world. -- attributed to Samuel Johnson

sjintje
Orange Belt
Languages: Native English
Functional but fading French
Intermediate but erratic German
Reads Dutch headlines
Dabbling in Spanish and Japanese

Postby sjintje » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:48 pm

Is there a reason why there seems to be so much Spanish content on the internet from what one assumes are copyrighted works? Are Spanish copyright rules laxer, or does no one bother enforcing them?
1 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”