I created a free app that lets anyone learn potentially any language using bitranslation!

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
languaza
Languages: I've learned Spanish to (B2) and am creating apps for others to get to fluency!

I created a free app that lets anyone learn potentially any language using bitranslation!

Postby languaza » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:08 am

I personally had a hard time finding a good method of learning languages initially after the initial beginner stage. I finished the Duolingo Spanish tree but after that had a hard time finding direction on what was the best way to move forward to fluency. Eventually I found translation where you read your target language translate it into your native and vice-versa. I did this to learn spanish to a decent level of fluency.

I personally used a notebook but I quickly filled up notebooks upon notebooks and quickly my hand got physically exhausted from all the back and forth, plus I would cover the sentences with a paper when translating back and forth to gauge accuracy, it just felt super clunky and I want to streamline to method.

So I created an app personally for myself to make it a bit better, if anyone else is interested they can check it out here:
https://languazalearn.com/
Last edited by languaza on Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

tommus
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N), French (B2), Dutch (B2)

Re: I created a free app that lets anyone learn potentially any language using bitranslation!

Postby tommus » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:03 pm

This sounds like an interesting approach. However, your website needs to offer some additional information and example material before most people are going to "sign up" and "log-in" just to see if it something that might interest them. You need some example material to show upfront.
2 x
Dutch: 01 September -> 31 December 2020
Watch 1000 Dutch TV Series Videos : 40 / 1000

languaza
Languages: I've learned Spanish to (B2) and am creating apps for others to get to fluency!

Re: I created a free app that lets anyone learn potentially any language using bitranslation!

Postby languaza » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:38 pm

tommus wrote:This sounds like an interesting approach. However, your website needs to offer some additional information and example material before most people are going to "sign up" and "log-in" just to see if it something that might interest them. You need some example material to show upfront.

Thank you for the feedback tommus, I'll make sure to do that shortly!
0 x

languaza

Postby languaza » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:21 am

Hi all, I recently updated the home page with a video describing a bit more about Languaza after reading some studies on the effectiveness of bitranslation, I also released translations in Portuguese! For tommus I have asked one of my users if she would create a video on how Languaza works and her using it in action and she agreed so once she finishes her video I will upload it so you can walkthrough how Languaza works before logging in. Unfortunately, due to how the backend is coded I need to associate a user in order for the app logic to work, if you'd like you could sign in with a new email if your concerned about privacy I've created a privacy policy here: https://languazalearn.com/privacy basically I will not sell anyones data and if I do you can sue me ;)
0 x

languaza

Postby languaza » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:07 am

Hi all I currently added functionality to learn the following languages for native English speakers: Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.

For non-native speakers whose languages are: Arabic, Chinese, French, Italian, Portuguese, and Russian you can now learn English!

Thanks my next step is to start to add a variety of books from the open domain most likely 100+. Would anyone be interested in a feature to upload your own content?
0 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”