I have been using NextUp TextAloud text-to-speech software since 2009 with the Acapela English voice Peter and the Dutch voice Max. Recently, I stopped using an older computer with that software installed and wished to migrate TextAloud and the two voices to Windows 10. The 2009 version 2.0.x was not compatible with Windows 10 so I asked NextUp if I could get their current version 4.0.5 at the upgrade price, and the Windows 10 version of Peter and Max. And that is exactly what they offered. I bought the new version and they provided me the Windows 10 version of the two voices I'd gotten in 2009. They were very helpful and very nice during this upgrade. I am so appreciative that I thought I would mention their excellent support here on LLorg where probably some members may be interested in their excellent products and excellent support.
All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Blue Belt
- Posts: 817
- Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:59 pm
- Location: Kingston, ON, Canada
- Languages: English (N), French (B2), Dutch (B2)
- x 1499
Dutch: 01 September -> 31 December 2020
|● Watch 1000 Dutch TV Series Videos||:|
- Brown Belt
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:59 pm
- Location: usa
- Languages: English (N). Read (only) French and Spanish. Studying Ancient Greek, aiming for mastery by 2424. Studying a bit of Latin and Japanese. Once studied Old Norse. Dabbled in Catalan, Provençal and Italian.
- Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 11#p133911
- x 2191
I agree with your opinion about TextAloud. I used it until Windows 10 broke it (along with dozens of my other programs), which was so along ago I had forgotten about it. A very nice thing for the developpers to have done. I would only be concerned what the next "upgrade" of Windows might do to it. Thanks for the review.
Tu sabes cuando sales pero no sabes cuando regresas.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests