Interlinearis: Fast Language Learning with Audio and Interlinear Texts

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
p.freeman
Languages: German (N), English (C1), French (maybe slightly better than my Spanish), Spanish (I can more or less communicate in everyday life in spanish), Bulgarian (beginner), Italian (beginner)

Interlinearis: Fast Language Learning with Audio and Interlinear Texts

Postby p.freeman » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:46 pm

Interlinearis: Learn a Language fast with Audio-Files and Interlinear word-by-word translations into your mother tongue.

Dear fellow language-learners,

I would like to develop an App called "Interlinearis" (for now only for Android), wherewith you can learn languages fast with the help of Audio-files and Interlinear word-by-word translations [which could be imported e.g. from my other open-source tool called "Interlinear Text Creator" (see its repository on github)] similar to those texts used by the Birkenbihl-Method or the Hamiltonian Method of Language Learning.

The idea is that this App can be used along with or in line with the Birkenbihl-Method of Language-Learning.

Active Listening according to the Birkenbihl-method of language-learning:

In the end, the Application may work similarly to the Linguajet-Application (see here: https://vimeo.com/202706653)

A screenshot from the above video:

Another Image of the Linguajet-App:

I intend to neither integrate ads into the App, nor charge a (e.g. monthly) fee for the usage of the App. However, this creates the problem that I would need to invest some time and effort into programming this App, yet the users of the App wouldn't have to pay me for using the App. For this reason, I decided to now ask for donations for me to develop the App (e.g. for living-expenses).

Also, for this undertaking of creating an App (I intend to create it with Flutter), I need access to a computer or notebook, to facilitate and accelerate the development of the App.

However, currently I own neither a computer, nor a notebook, therefore I now would like to humbly ask you also for donations, in order for me to be able to buy a usable notebook, which I can then use to work on the development of this App.

[note however, that I will use the first 10% of received donations for the tithe which is required by the law of God - see Proverbs 3:9 and Malachi 3:7-12]

As I don't have a bank-account, I've set up a fundraiser on tallycoin (for 300€ [respectively 354 USD] for now), where you can donate in bitcoin to me if you want to support me in this undertaking of creating this App.

I intend to make the App and the code thereof open-source on github, thus other people could also contribute if they so desire.

Donations would be greatly appreciated.

The present status of the code of the App can be seen in the github-repository of Interlinearis.

Thank you for your help and may God bless you richly,
Peter Freeman

PS: If you wish to not donate money to me but still would like to help with the development of the App, feel free to (later on, when a prototype or basic-version of the App exists) add issues in the github-repository of Interlinearis for bugs you might have encountered or for possible improvement-ideas you may have. If you would like to test an early version (or early versions) of the App - when such a version is ready - feel free to write me a private message. Thank you very much in advance for your help.
0 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”