Audio for Assimil Using Spanish?

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
haziz
Orange Belt
Languages: English (L2 but at native level - my primary language), Spanish (Beginner - ?A1), Egyptian Arabic (N but not using the language), Modern Standard Arabic (?C1 passive/reading, A2 active/writing - also not using), French (Studied in school but retained very little).
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=19722

Audio for Assimil Using Spanish?

Postby haziz » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:30 pm

I am trying to find the audio for Assimil's discontinued Using Spanish book. The book I have is dated 1996. I realize that the English translation is considered problematic but I will still have a go at using it once I am done with Spanish with Ease.

I believe the audio from "Perfectionnement Espagnol" should be the same, but is the one being sold by Assimil at this moment the same edition and text as the 1996 Using Spanish edition?

I am basically trying to get the audio that would fit with my 1996 edition of Assimil Using Spanish.

Thanks.
0 x
Spanish:
: 23 / 55 FSI
: 16 / 126 Gramática de uso del español
: 1 / 15 Spanish for Reading
: 11 / 52 Destinos
: 3 / 2500 24/25 Super Challenge Reading
: 79 / 4500 24/25 Super Challenge Watching

James29
Blue Belt
Languages: English (Native)
Spanish (C1-ish)
French (Beginner)
Portuguese (Thinking about it)

Re: Audio for Assimil Using Spanish?

Postby James29 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:44 pm

Yes, you are correct. This reminds me of me when I was frantically searching to find the audio. I bought the book and the audio separately on schoenhofs.com but I just searched their site and they don't seem to still have the audio. That may be because Assimil just came out with a new Using Spanish (French base only). So, the new audio is not going to match the old book. Amazon seems to offer both the new and old version, but I don't see just the old audio available on Amazon. Plus, Amazon looks ridiculously expensive. My local library was able to get me a copy of the 1996 version with audio on inter-library loan. I believe the library that had the program was somewhere in Michigan, Illinois or Wisconsin. I actually have two copies of the audio on CD... I had the tapes originally and copied them on to CDs and then when I found the CDs on Schoenhof's I bought the CDs. If you cannot find the CDs anymore please feel free to message me and I'll see if I can do something to get you one of the copies I have. I really liked the course.
2 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”