Japanese podcasts sorted by difficulty

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
ryanheise
Green Belt
Languages: English (N), Japanese (beginner)

Re: Japanese podcasts sorted by difficulty

Postby ryanheise » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:18 pm

For convenience, I've updated the first post to include "listen" links for each episode.

Also, my analysis for Korean has completed and I'll post the results in a separate topic.
1 x

ryanheise
Green Belt

Postby ryanheise » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:15 pm

Added "Japanese podcast for beginners (Nihongo con Teppei)" to the list. This is like Nihongo con Teppei but spoken more slowly and the episodes are shorter.
1 x

ryanheise
Green Belt

Postby ryanheise » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:01 pm

I just added 6 more episodes of JLPT Stories.

Unfortunately, these may very well be the last 6 episodes ever, which is really sad because this has been such an amazing resource for my own Japanese learning. It's a real gem among Japanese podcasts.

But the creators were unfortunately not able to sustain production given the cost of hiring professional voice actors, and they have now taken down their Patreon.

It's also sad that not many people (myself included) actually supported them on Patreon. I have always thought of Patreon as a good way for creative people to be supported, although in this case, it just didn't work out. My own excuse for not supporting them was that I was under the impression that there was a large company behind them and they didn't need financial support, such was the high quality of their production (ironically, had they been less professional and more casual, they might have gotten more support!).

If anyone else feels the same way, I wonder if together we could persuade them to at least provide a donations link for one off donations? Even if they are no longer producing content, it would be good to have the opportunity to support what they have done so far.
2 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”