Easy books for learning English?

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
nomdepioro
Languages: English (N), German (B1), French (B2)

Easy books for learning English?

Postby nomdepioro » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:26 pm

Hi everyone, this is a question for English learners (but I appreciate input from native speakers as well).

I am working on a list of short easy novels for adults who are learning English. At the moment my list is all American writers because I'm not very familiar with Australian, British, Canadian, or other native English literature. Do you have any suggestions? I would like to focus on recent or modern books, and nothing too long or too kidsy (like Charlotte's Web, or Harry Potter) given that the list is for adult students.

Also - if you have any other recommendations about English textbooks for self-study, I'm curious to hear your suggestions as well!
0 x

Speakeasy

Re: Easy books for learning English?

Postby Speakeasy » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:18 pm

Welcome!
Welcome to the forum, nomdepiero! I look forward to following your participation in many of the fascinating discussions concerning language-learning.

English Resources
As this forum functions in English, virtually all participants are either native-speakers of English or they possess an advanced knowledge of the language. Accordingly, discussions of resources for the study of English are few and far between. Nevertheless, I encourage you to visit the “Master List of Resources” and add any of your own suggestions to the “English Resources” thread:
Language Resources 1.JPG

Language Resources 2.JPG

Language Resources 3.JPG

HINT: It would be useful, both in your request for suggestions and in making your own recommendations, if you were to specify in WHICH LANGUAGE BASE the resources exist (i.e., from a French base, a German base, a Russian base, et cetera).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”