Cortina Russian and Japanese (FSI Languages database)

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
Speakeasy

Re: Cortina Russian and Japanese (FSI Languages database)

Postby Speakeasy » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:37 pm

Hello, MJ.

MoscowJoe wrote: … I have another set of audio files for which I am pursuing permissions, but getting a little bit of a run around ... But yes, intending tread very lightly where copyrights are an issue.
I am not surprised by the difficulty you have been having gaining permission to publish materials which are still under copyright. However, your “getting a little bit of a run around” could be taken as a sign of encouragement, the habitual response to my own requests for permission has been a dial-tone.

By the way, while I am encouraged by your unambiguous statement “intending tread very lightly where copyrights are an issue”, I thought that you might appreciate the following extract from the Forum Rules: “Copyright violations …The administrators of this website will not tolerate the illegal distribution or links to the illegal distribution of copyrighted material. Encouraging the use of illegal copyrighted material is also prohibited…”

MoscowJoe wrote: … Additionally, I would like to send these files to the interested parties. Can anyone recommend a file transfer site to facilitate this process? …
The SPREND.COM file transfer website is reliable and easy to use.

EDITED:
Tinkering.
1 x

MoscowJoe
Languages: English (N), Studying Russian & Forgotten Spanish

Postby MoscowJoe » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:35 pm

Thanks a bunch for the info again, Speakeasy. And I appreciate knowing that the administrators frown on copyright violations. As do I on multiple levels.

If I am successful with the re-recorded files, I will make sure to inform everyone here on this thread.

MJ
0 x

Ericounet
Yellow Belt

Postby Ericounet » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:36 am

hi,

no problem to put the files on the Yojik server.

Best regards

Eric

ps: I'm dont come here very often .. too much work, learning Chinese, preparing Anki decks for Chiense, formating grammars and other resources to epub/pdf/html ... but still alive :)

UPDATE: I got the files. I'll put them on the website on Sunday.
4 x
administrator of fsi-languages.yojik.eu;
French(N), German, English, Russian.
Chinese and Korean beginner

Ericounet
Yellow Belt

Postby Ericounet » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:06 am

Hi,

the Yojik website is updated with the new Cortina Russian Re-recordings.

Thanks to the author.

Best regards

Eric
5 x
administrator of fsi-languages.yojik.eu;
French(N), German, English, Russian.
Chinese and Korean beginner

Speakeasy

Postby Speakeasy » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:08 pm

I would like to extend my sincere and deep gratitude to MoscowJoe for having taken the initiative to have a portion of the Cortina Russian files re-recorded, for having chased down this file on the Language Learners' Forum, and for having worked closely with Ericounet so as to render these improved recordings available to the general public. Vous avez apporté de l'eau au moulin!

Mes grands remerciements à Ericounet, qui a su construire et meubler le moulin et qui continue de le faire fonctionner!
5 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”