The result was WordClimber. It is a word log and vocabulary review system to help language learners move new words into useable vocabulary and improve retention.
What separates WordClimber from general-purpose study tools like Anki, Quizlet, or Memrise Decks? WordClimber is designed specifically for language learning. You don't need to tweak templates or add custom fields! We've made it ready for language learners from the start.
These are some of the reasons people love WordClimber:
- Words organized in a master word list (word log) rather than decks
- Multiple spelling fields to accommodate romanized and phoneticized spellings
- Bi-directional reviews (foreign to native and native to foreign)
- Record audio and capture images directly from your device
- Notes field for adding usage remarks for words
- Tag words to easily review all of your verbs, weather related words, etc.
- Word or meaning look-ups for easy reference
- Weekly activity reports to help you track your progress
- Works on any device with a web browser
- Supports right-to-left languages
- Works with any language with a Unicode supported script
- Spaced repetition reviews
- Review streaks
- Bulk audio recording
Why not do your next 6 Week Challenge with WordClimber as your vocabulary study tool?
You can signup here: Reach your Language Learning Goal with WordClimber's Vocabulary Review System
There is a free (no gimmicks, no credit card required) 45 day trial--the perfect amount of time for anyone doing a six week challenge! At the end of the trial anything you've entered in WordClimber remains available for reviews, editing or export--you aren't locked in and don't lose access.
If you use promo code: LLORG2019 during signup and decide to continue using WordClimber beyond the 45 day free trial you'll get a 30% discount off the monthly subscription price. This promo code will expire at the end of 2019 so make sure you add it to your account before then.
I've personally used WordClimber to move the last 900 Nepali words I've encountered into my usable vocabulary. It has made a big difference for me. At the intermediate stage the words I am learning aren't the transactional ones that I encounter everyday while running errands. I needed a system for capturing and studying the words to make them stick. WordClimber is that system for me. It is helping me reach my language-learning goal of C1 fluency. It can help you reach your fluency goals too.
Happy language learning!
Peter for the WordClimber Team