PodClub shuts down their podcast series

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
Speakeasy

Re: Downloading from Podclub before it's gone

Postby Speakeasy » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:03 am

I still have the Podclub German (Deutsch) files and, in the event that anyone would like to post them to a dropbox or anywhere else on the internet, I would be pleased to upload them to the Sprend.com file-sharing website …

PodClub shuts down their podcast series - LLORG - September 2019
1 x

Kraut
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: German (N)
French (C)
English (C)
Spanish (A2)
Lithuanian

Postby Kraut » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:55 am

Natürlich bleiben die bestehenden Podcasts auch nach Jahresende 2019 zugänglich. Ab 1. November 2019 stehen pro Sprache die letzten 30 Episoden auf soundcloud.com/podclub zur Verfügung.

I read the text differently. In the new year the production of the series will be discontinued together with some of the old services. All the existing podcasts however willl continue to be available.
The soundcloud offer will be something addiitional.
0 x

Lianne
Green Belt
Languages: Speaks: English (N)
Actively studying: French (low int)
Dabbling in: Italian (beginner), ASL (beginner), Ojibwe (beginner), Swahili (beginner)
Wish list: Swedish, Esperanto, Klingon, Brazilian Portuguese
Has also dabbled in: German, Spanish, toki pona
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... hp?t=12275

Postby Lianne » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:07 am

Kraut wrote:
Natürlich bleiben die bestehenden Podcasts auch nach Jahresende 2019 zugänglich. Ab 1. November 2019 stehen pro Sprache die letzten 30 Episoden auf soundcloud.com/podclub zur Verfügung.

I read the text differently. In the new year the production of the series will be discontinued together with some of the old services. All the existing podcasts however willl continue to be available.
The soundcloud offer will be something addiitional.

It is definitely a bit ambiguous in its wording! But the first line in the English version is "Podclub.ch as well as the PodClub app, however, will still be available until December 31, 2019." This certainly seems to suggest that Podclub.ch will be gone in the new year.
1 x
: 3 / 100 French SC (Books)
: 7 / 100 French SC (Films)
: 0 / 50 Italian Half SC (Books)
: 0 / 50 Italian Half SC (Films)

Pronouns: they/them

fleafreethree
Languages: Thai, Sanskrit
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=12097

Postby fleafreethree » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:21 pm

Thanks. I have a friend who's learning Swiss German so this looks like a potentially valuable find.
0 x
Output Challenge:
TH : 0 / 50 Speaking
TH : 0 / 50000 Writing

Kraut
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
French (C)
English (C)
Spanish (A2)
Lithuanian

Postby Kraut » Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:52 pm

https://www.podclub.ch/en/news-page/news/letzte-news

Of course, the existing podcasts will remain accessible after the end of 2019.
0 x

Taeryne
Languages: English (N), French (A2), Russian (A0?)

Postby Taeryne » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:35 pm

Was anyone else able to grab copies of the podcasts/transcriptions? From what I can see podclub.ch is completely gone and ~30 eps. of six series are all that's left on Soundcloud.
I have Balades [85] and L'avis de Marie saved [154 mp3 files, 157 PDFs].
2 x

Carmody
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: English (N)
French (B1)
Language Log: http://tinyurl.com/zot7wrs

Postby Carmody » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:00 pm

Taeryne
Was anyone else able to grab copies of the podcasts/transcriptions? From what I can see podclub.ch is completely gone and ~30 eps. of six series are all that's left on Soundcloud. I have Balades [85] and L'avis de Marie saved [154 mp3 files, 157 PDFs].

Congratulations on your hard work. I love L'avis de Marie.
1 x

Speakeasy

Postby Speakeasy » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:15 am

The efforts to save the PodClub podcast files seem to have stalled. Without wishing to appear too cynical, I am not completely surprised by this development. That is, the lack of movement was rather predictable: The Little Red Hen

Although these files are beyond the Bailiwick of Éric Streit’s Yojik.eu website, I have requested that he consider hosting these files on his website, subject to submission by members holding individual sets or groups of them. Clearly, the realization of such a project would impose a burden on Éric and quite frankly, I think that we have collectively drawn from his well rather liberally without having expressed a great deal of gratitude. He is quite free to decline the request and, should he do so, this will be my final implication in this effort to save the files.

As I have noted twice before, I have the set of PodClub Deutsch files which I would submit to Éric should he accept this project. To date, I have shared this set of files with several other members. However, I am getting rather tired of doing so. If this project does not move forward, any new requests that I share a copy will be redirected to: The Little Red Hen

;) ;) ;)
0 x

Kraut
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
French (C)
English (C)
Spanish (A2)
Lithuanian

Postby Kraut » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:03 am

I have not further looked into this, but Google has found the Spanish ones at LingQ:

https://www.lingq.com/en/learn-spanish- ... 2-1036451/
0 x

Lianne
Green Belt
Languages: Speaks: English (N)
Actively studying: French (low int)
Dabbling in: Italian (beginner), ASL (beginner), Ojibwe (beginner), Swahili (beginner)
Wish list: Swedish, Esperanto, Klingon, Brazilian Portuguese
Has also dabbled in: German, Spanish, toki pona
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... hp?t=12275

Postby Lianne » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:39 am

I didn't get anywhere near as much as I wanted to, though that was more because of my own poor time management and the busyness of the holidays than because of any Little Red Hen scenario. ;)

I did manage to get episodes 47-100 of the Italian podcast Al Dente downloaded. I started with the oldest ones available on Podclub, so those are not the same episodes as can still be found on Soundcloud. I am currently uploading them (veeeery slowly) to Dropbox. Will post the link when they finally finish.
Taeryne wrote:Was anyone else able to grab copies of the podcasts/transcriptions? From what I can see podclub.ch is completely gone and ~30 eps. of six series are all that's left on Soundcloud.
I have Balades [85] and L'avis de Marie saved [154 mp3 files, 157 PDFs].

I would really love those French ones if you have them online somewhere!!
1 x
: 3 / 100 French SC (Books)
: 7 / 100 French SC (Films)
: 0 / 50 Italian Half SC (Books)
: 0 / 50 Italian Half SC (Films)

Pronouns: they/them

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”