Learning with Kindle Fire audiobook and ebook, text to speech

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
mentecuerpo
Blue Belt
Location: El Salvador, Centroamerica, but lives in Phoenix, Arizona.
Languages: Spanish (N) English (B2) Italian (A2) German (A1)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 18#p155218

Learning with Kindle Fire audiobook and ebook, text to speech

Postby mentecuerpo » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:03 pm

I just bought an Amazon tablet fire for about $100 and it is a great tool for learning language. There are hundreds of eBooks and audiobooks available. Many times, you can find the same book in audio and eBook format which is great for learning languages as you work on your listening comprehension skills and obtain the current pronunciation. I downloaded a kindle book in German and I got the same book in audiobook format, and I am reading the book with the help of the kindle built in translation feature, I can listen to the book while I am reading it. The fire tablet synchronizes the kindle reading text with the audiobook, so I can listen to the book as I am reading. The text gets highlighted with the words being read in synchronization. I also downloaded the German voice for text to speech feature. So, I can read a German book while I listen to the computer-generated voice in German which it does not sound human, the voice is acceptable and the pronunciation guide it is much better than me reading new words unsure of the pronunciation. I will make a short video and post the link later.
The text to speeh in tablet kindle Fire has German, Italian, English I suppose it has French and Spanish as well. Really cool.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”