Seeking Modern Standard Arabic Graded Readers

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
mystlg18
White Belt
Languages: Native: English
Learning: Spanish (B2); Classical Arabic (A1)

Seeking Modern Standard Arabic Graded Readers

Postby mystlg18 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:41 am

Do any of you know of any good graded readers in Modern Standard Arabic? I'm currently trying to increase my comprehension of Arabic. I'm at an intermediate level. I've been in the game for close to two years now. Preferably, the graded readers should come with audio. Thanks!
0 x

Doitsujin
Green Belt
Languages: German (N)

Re: Seeking Modern Standard Arabic Graded Readers

Postby Doitsujin » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:32 am

A beginner-friendliy reader is Husni, Ronak & Newman, Daniel L. - Modern Arabic Short Stories: A Bilingual Reader.

BTW, if OverDrive is available at one of your local libraries, you might be able to read Arabic translations of international bestsellers such as The Da Vinci Code, the The Adventures of Tintin books and other beginner-friendly books in Arabic:

The Da Vinci Code epub (OverDrive)
The Da Vinci Code audio book (OverDrive)
The Adventures of Tintin pdfs (OverDrive)

Unfortunately, the OverDrive catalogs of most libraries don't contain Arabic books, however, if you (and a couple of other users) click the Recommend to your library link and request Arabic books, your library might buy them.

Amazon USA also offers a couple of Arabic translations of well-known English books as free Kindle books. For example:

Orwell, George - Animal Farm
Poe, Edgar Alan - Selected Short Stories
Wells, Herbert George - The Time Machine

Note that some of these translations are abridged versions.
3 x

mystlg18
White Belt
Languages: Native: English
Learning: Spanish (B2); Classical Arabic (A1)

Re: Seeking Modern Standard Arabic Graded Readers

Postby mystlg18 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:26 pm

Doitsujin wrote:A beginner-friendliy reader is Husni, Ronak & Newman, Daniel L. - Modern Arabic Short Stories: A Bilingual Reader.

BTW, if OverDrive is available at one of your local libraries, you might be able to read Arabic translations of international bestsellers such as The Da Vinci Code, the The Adventures of Tintin books and other beginner-friendly books in Arabic:

The Da Vinci Code epub (OverDrive)
The Da Vinci Code audio book (OverDrive)
The Adventures of Tintin pdfs (OverDrive)

Unfortunately, the OverDrive catalogs of most libraries don't contain Arabic books, however, if you (and a couple of other users) click the Recommend to your library link and request Arabic books, your library might buy them.

Amazon USA also offers a couple of Arabic translations of well-known English books as free Kindle books. For example:

Orwell, George - Animal Farm
Poe, Edgar Alan - Selected Short Stories
Wells, Herbert George - The Time Machine

Note that some of these translations are abridged versions.

Thank you so much. I'll check all of these out!
0 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”