My works around language resources (Russian, Chinese)

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
Ericounet
Yellow Belt

My works around language resources (Russian, Chinese)

Postby Ericounet » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:03 pm

Hi,

I put online a small git server with a lot of my language works about Chinese and Russian. You'll find some digitized FSI, DLI course as well as audio EPUBs made from courses extracted from websites on the Internet.

I like my courses to have the same appearance, that's why I built the audio Epubs. For the first time, I built .odt (openoffice format) files. They need formatting, but are quite usable like they are.

So, there are html, xhtml, pdf, epub, epub3 and odt outputs.

The vocabulary lists are provided in many formats, CSV, XML, JSON. I added the traditional writing, the origin of the list, to the Chinese lists as well as sounds, mostly from the Shtooka project. The missing sounds and the phrases sounds were generated by Google TTS (I provide a bash script to do that automatically. The programs used to generate these lists are in the Program folder O_o, written in nodejs/javascript.

https://git.yojik.net

It's a work in progress ... I have to clean the sources, write a README etc .. before uploading.

On a git server, you'll find some Spanish stuff too: Mr. Herman began to digitize FSI Spanish Basic.

Remember that this is a home server, so maybe not so fast. Maybe one day, I'll put it on my main Yojik server ...we'll see ...

Enjoy!

Eric
3 x
administrator of fsi-languages.yojik.eu;
French(N), German, English, Russian.
Chinese and Korean beginner

Querneus
Blue Belt
Languages: Speaks: Spanish (N), English
Studying: Latin, French, Mandarin

Re: My works around language resources (Russian, Chinese)

Postby Querneus » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:13 pm

I noticed some time ago that the AllSet Learning Chinese Grammar Wiki is published under a Creative Commons license (specifically CC-BY-NC-SA). How did you obtain the data for it? Did you scrape it or is it readily available somewhere? I've been interested in fixing a number of things about it.
0 x

Ericounet
Yellow Belt

Re: My works around language resources (Russian, Chinese)

Postby Ericounet » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:18 pm

I scrapped it ... I wrote a program to extract the data.

But there was a huge manual work to produce the audio epubs.

There is a French version of it .... I didn't have the time to do the same job with it.

Eric
0 x
administrator of fsi-languages.yojik.eu;
French(N), German, English, Russian.
Chinese and Korean beginner

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”