Old Glossika files

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
Daniel_Zar
White Belt
Languages: Friulian N, Italian N, English C2, Spanish C2, French C1, German B2, Czech B1.

Old Glossika files

Postby Daniel_Zar » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:19 am

Hi, I am looking for old Glossika material, GSR and such. For now I am interested in Estonian, Norwegian, Greek, in the future also Polish and more. Anyone available?
0 x

eido
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N), Spanish (C1)

Re: Old Glossika files

Postby eido » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:25 pm

My guess this is against the forum rules, because most old Glossika files can’t be legally obtained, right?
2 x

rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Postby rdearman » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:15 pm

eido wrote:My guess this is against the forum rules, because most old Glossika files can’t be legally obtained, right?

I approved the post under the assumption that the OP was willing to pay for used copies. We don't disallow people selling old Assimil books or Teach Yourself. The OP hasn't indicated they want to "download" or otherwise attain these files legally.
0 x
: 0 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

Daniel_Zar
White Belt
Languages: Friulian N, Italian N, English C2, Spanish C2, French C1, German B2, Czech B1.

Postby Daniel_Zar » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:15 pm

Yes, I wish to buy old copies of the GMS / GSR method.

I would happily buy if from the provider, but it is not available anymore.
0 x

barrybounce
Languages: English (N), Estonian (A2)

Postby barrybounce » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:40 am

They really must be missing a trick! I e-mailed them today asking if I could buy the old files, and am disappointed they said no.

In my case I was pointing out that I previously happily bought the old things, and that I subscribed to their new service for a month and then cancelled as I didn't get on with it, so they really had all the opportunity to see that they only stood to gain from selling me them!
5 x

romeo.alpha
Yellow Belt
Languages: Speaks: English (native), Swiss German (native), High German, French, Dutch (heritage)
Learning: Greek, Japanese, Egyptian Arabic

Postby romeo.alpha » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:32 pm

The books that accompany the audio files can be easily bought in hard copy, but without the audio I don't think they're much good. You used to be able to get Glossika GMS and GSR on iTunes, but that's no longer available. Audible was apparently also an option, and while I imagine it isn't available any longer assuming it ever was, you could try signing up to Audible and see if you find it there.

In my case I was pointing out that I previously happily bought the old things, and that I subscribed to their new service for a month and then cancelled as I didn't get on with it, so they really had all the opportunity to see that they only stood to gain from selling me them!

Their goal is to make money. It's unquestionable that their previous model was a much better deal, and given the option nobody would pay for a subscription if they could just pay one lump sum for the whole course. So if they make exceptions and sell the old course to someone for a quick buck now, they lose money because they'll get a bunch of people trying to work out a deal that they really don't want to make.
3 x

barrybounce
Languages: English (N), Estonian (A2)

Postby barrybounce » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:46 pm

Oh well. They gave my a new period of the new thing to try and persuade me that it's not that bad... but it just is. The "offline" offering is... mental. Who could even think something that bad?
0 x

Daniel_Zar
White Belt

Postby Daniel_Zar » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:51 pm

barrybounce wrote:Who could even think something that bad?

The idea is not creating something good, but rather something that users won't be able to share --> more $$$ for the company.

From their point of view, the downloadable GMS + GSR system was too open to piracy.

I wouldn't mind paying for the old product either, but they insist it's not available anymore – even thought they certainly still have it in their archives.
2 x

romeo.alpha
Yellow Belt
Languages: Speaks: English (native), Swiss German (native), High German, French, Dutch (heritage)
Learning: Greek, Japanese, Egyptian Arabic

Postby romeo.alpha » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:08 pm

Here's something worth trying:

This listing for Polish Fluency 1 (the same seller also has other versions) has this in the description:

We provide 120 hours of audio training. Please contact Glossika customer service (www. glossika. com) with your proof of purchase to receive the download links.

There's some risk of Glossika not honoring it, but in that case you could request a refund from the seller (and they might have something to say from Glossika, having likely paid them a certain price for their stock to be able to sell it with the Audio download), and if you buy by credit card, with an archive of the page you can file for a charge back, as the product isn't as described, and is essentially useless without the audio.
2 x

danaggo
Languages: english, spanish, french, indonesian, german, portuguese, italian, greek,swedish

Postby danaggo » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:31 am

Hello. I know this string is super old, but I am looking for some of them too. I have some that I can gladly share. I am particularly looking for Indonesian, Romanian, and Bulgarian/Macedonian. If anyone has any of them we can trade or I can share! Thanks
0 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”