Assimil Icelandic

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
Speakeasy
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N), French (C2). Studying: Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Dutch, Polish, and Russian; all with widely varying degrees of application, enthusiasm, and success.

Assimil Icelandic

Postby Speakeasy » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:53 am

From a quick search of this forum, and of its predecessor, it is clear that many members are interested in the Icelandic language. Therefore, for their benefit and for that of others, I have copied/pasted below the integral text of HTLAL member alang's latest post concerning Assimil Icelandic and have attached the LINK to original discussion thread.

Assimil Icelandic: we got to bring it up, 11 August 2017, page 6

Well I contacted Assimil France. My question was if they again will be making the Icelandic course and I stated if it will be like the "Sans Peine" series.

This was the response I received.

"Thank you for your interest in our courses.

This is to inform you that we are preparing a course to learn Icelandic but we do not have any publication date at the present time. We will send you a message as we market it.

Best regards.
Nathalie Froehly
Assimil - Service Particuliers"

It has been over 9 years since we started the petition. It seems like Assimil has finally taken the course seriously. All this time though I have been learning other languages of interest. I did contact the person in Assimil Germany before as well. After contacting so many organizations and people. Maybe just maybe Assimil Icelandic Without Effort is coming into reality. I already have the Pimsleur Icelandic which did not take even half as long for Pimsleur to take seriously.

All we can do now is wait.

Assimil Icelandic: we got to bring it up! 15 March 2008, page 1
http://how-to-learn-any-language.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9566&PN=1&TPN=1

EDITED:
Formatting
Last edited by Speakeasy on Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6 x

lavengro
White Belt
Languages: English (N), French (A1)

Re: Assimil Icelandic

Postby lavengro » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:34 pm

Icelandic is less a language to be learned by second language learners than a solid, unyielding wall against which reckless second language learners crash and stagger away bruised and bloodied.

For masochists, pending release of Assimil's materials, in addition to the Pimsleur Icelandic materials there are a bunch of Memrise Icelandic language courses, and a really good course created and distributed by Prof. Alaric Hall, patterned on the Michel Thomas model (the second edition is considerably improved over his initial edition), plus the icelandiconline.is course.
5 x

Morgana
Yellow Belt
Languages: English (N)
Studying: Swedish
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5986

Re: Assimil Icelandic

Postby Morgana » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:07 pm

Is it likely to be a French base? Does Assimil ever debut languages in a base other than French?

Thanks for bringing the update over here, Speakeasy.
0 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”