Languages: English(N)
Advanced: French,Spanish, Scottish Gaelic
Intermediate: Italian, Catalan, Corsican
Basic: Welsh
Dabbling: Polish, Russian etc

Re: The Nature Method Institute's Language Courses

Postby Cainntear » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:54 pm

Sahmilat wrote:
Icepick23 wrote:Does anyone know the copyright status of these books, and how they ended up as pdfs? I'm confused because at first they appeared to be pirated, but they were posted on Vivarium Novum.

In the US, the French and Italian books were published early enough that they are out of copyright. They were not renewed. Latin was renewed, of course, and the Russian book was published just after the copyright rules changed so it is still protected.

Where were they first published?
0 x

galaxyrocker
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N), Irish (Teastas Eorpach na Gaeilge B2)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=757

Postby galaxyrocker » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:52 pm

I got sent this website by another friend of the search today. Seems like they even have stumbled upon our website here a time or two (and make notice of the MSU possession of a volume of the Russian Course, which I posted on Reddit, so they're likely active there too)

https://caligula.org/Nature_Method_Institute.html

Hopefully it leads to more.

Also, if the author is reading again: I have actually seen several pages from the MSU work. It is the same work as the rest of them, in the same format. I had a friend request it via ILL in 2016, though he was unable to scan it before it had to be returned due to family issues. He sent me pictures, though I've since cleared out the Telegram chat it was on. I'll see if he still has them, and reupload them. I believe it was just of a few pages of it.
4 x

Proclus
Languages: Turkish
Latin
Persian
English

Postby Proclus » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:06 pm

So if these books are actually available in public libraries that means they are not entirely lost. Isn't there anyone here from Denmark and Netherlands?

https://www.worldcat.org/title/2000-fre ... 1002106586

EDIT:
For those interested in English voice-recordings. They are fresh ;)
0 x

Daantjerrr
Languages: Dutch (N); English, German (advanced); French, Arabic (intermediate); Spanish, Norwegian (beginner)

Postby Daantjerrr » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:56 am

Yes, there are Dutchies here! It would be interesting to make a trip to The Hague to go look up those materials. However, I don't think I'll be able to anytime soon, thanks to the increased COVID19 infections here.
0 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”