Vote: Book Club books for November and December

Practice your target languages here.

Which books do you want to read in Novermber and December?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:46 pm

Jane Austen: Emma
31%
L. Frank Baum: Wizard of Oz
8%
Anne Holt: The Blind Goddess
8%
Jules Verne: 20000 Leagues under the Sea
15%
Gaêl Faye: Small Country
8%
Yann Martel: Life of Pi
8%
Frans G. Bengtsson: The Long Ships
4%
Apuleius: Metamorphosis, or The Golden Ass
19%

Total votes: 26

Mista
Blue Belt
Languages: Norwegian (N), English (QN). Studied Ancient Greek (MA), Linguistics (MA), Latin (BA), German (BA). Italian at A2/B1 level. Learning: French, Japanese, Russian (focus) and various others, like Polish, Spanish, Vietnamese, and anything that comes my way. Also know some Sanskrit (but not the script) and Coptic. Really want to learn Arabic and Amharic.
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=7497

Vote: Book Club books for November and December

Postby Mista » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:46 pm

Please vote for the books you would like to read in November and December. You may choose two options.

I suggest we choose the top two books in this poll, and then decide afterwards which one to read first. Some people are still reading the books for October or September and may not be able to join in on reading a new book in November, and I want them to get the chance to push their favorite book towards December if they want.

So this poll runs for four days. Afterwards, we will run a three-day poll to decide which book to read when.

The books in the list are all the new suggestions in the book club thread (in some cases I just had a suggestion for author and picked a title myself), and aditionally the top two runners-up from the last vote.
1 x

Return to “Multilingual Room”