Practice my English!

Practice your target languages here.
MacGyver
Yellow Belt
Languages: .

Re: Practice my English!

Postby MacGyver » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:55 am

Floxfloer wrote:"mechanical engineering" is better to discribe my studies because "Industrial design" its a part of our job.

The most important things to design mechanical stuff is the technological knowledge. Today invent a solution is rare and sometimes it's not the best idea. So we learn how to analyse mechanical systems, to find the good points and the bad points of a system !

We do a lot , lot lot of math to put our problems in mathematical equation.

And we learn how to use designing software :D

For the economic part I will learn that the next year in the engineering school :D But we know the basics on the that.
The basics are : _ What industrial process we will use a specific product .... :D

And you guys in what field are your working on ? :)

Hi, I'm a mechanical engineer.

I have to disagree with you when you say "inventing" a solution is rare. Thanks to the power of computers, novel solutions to old problems are more and more common.

Which design software have you learnt? CAD (computer aided draughting/drafting) packages like Solidworks, or CAE (computer aided engineering) packages like Ansys?
2 x

Floxfloer
White Belt
Languages: French(N) English (B2) Spanish (B1)

Postby Floxfloer » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:23 pm

"Invent" a solution when you working a project its rare for us here. We improve and adapt a lot of solution to our problem it's a combination of several solutions and I do not count it as inventing.... :)

I learnt how to use CATIA V5 ,SOLIDWORKS , INVENTOR and for kinematic problem we use SOLIDWORKS Meca 3D. On for other problems like mechanical servo (im not sure of this translation) we use MATLAB :D

And you in what field are your working with what type of software :D
0 x

MacGyver
Yellow Belt
Languages: .

Postby MacGyver » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:35 am

My work generally involves power generation facilities, chemical processing plants and various industrial installations.

I do a lot of computational fluid dynamics. For this I use Fluent and CFX. I also spend a lot of my time doing finite element analysis using Ansys.

I use Matlab too. I use Solidworks and Inventor to do solid modelling which I then import into CFX or Ansys. But generally here Drafters use Solidworks more than Engineers, its great for drawing, but its computational aspects are pretty limited and under-powered.
1 x

Floxfloer
White Belt

Postby Floxfloer » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:04 pm

I didn't had the chance to work on project where we have fluid dynamics, but it will come in the futur :D
Solidworks is limeted it's for that we use CATIA because on CATIA you can do many type of analisys but its a complicated software for analisys. Even a teacher of us who work on the development of CATIA during the project RAFALE said "Expert of CATIA know only 20% of the software and we don't use all the software capabilities!" :D

I will check Ansys beacause it look interesting ! :D
0 x

Floxfloer
White Belt

Postby Floxfloer » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:22 pm

Hello guys,

Today I want to speack about an important subject: "the climat change".
Here in France people are aware about this subject and I can see the difference between today and 10 years ago. People try to make some effort with selective sorting and little things like that who can help to reduce our enviromental impact.

France choose the nuclear way to produce our energy and it will be like that in the futur with the developement of fusion reactor (still in research). Most of French think that its a great idea (me too) and I think its the main futur way of energy producing.

Well now I ask to you guys how is the situation in your country about this subject ? :D
0 x

rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Postby rdearman » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:57 pm

Floxfloer wrote:Hello guys,

Today I want to speack speak (most would use "talk") about an important subject: "the climat climate change".
Here in France people are aware about of this subject and I can see the difference between today and 10 years ago. People try to make some effort with selective sorting and little things like that who which can help to reduce our enviromental environmental impact.

France choose thenuclear way power to produce our energy and it will be like that in the futur future with the developement development of fusion reactor reactors (still in research). Most ofFrench people think that its it's a great idea (me too) and I think its the main futur future way of energy producing production.

Well now I ask to you guys how is the situation in your country about this subject ? :D

You said you didn't mind corrections?

In the UK they have a new nuclear power station being build in conjunction with a French company (owned by the French government) and the Chinese. Most of the British people I've spoken to are opposed to nuclear power in favour renewable energy sources like wind or tidal power. Recently the UK went one full week using nothing but renewable energy. (I don't remember where I read this, and can't validate with a link) So it has really been pushed here in the UK.
2 x
: 0 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

MorkTheFiddle
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: English (N). Read (only) French and Spanish. Studying Ancient Greek. Studying a bit of Latin. Once studied Old Norse. Dabbled in Catalan, Provençal and Italian.
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 11#p133911

Postby MorkTheFiddle » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:22 pm

Floxfloer wrote:Hello guys,

Today I want to speack about an important subject: "the climat change".

Both climate change and nuclear energy are very controversial topics in the USA, and it is hard to say which side will prevail.
3 x
Many things which are false are transmitted from book to book, and gain credit in the world. -- attributed to Samuel Johnson

Floxfloer
White Belt

Postby Floxfloer » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:08 pm

You said you didn't mind corrections?

I'am here for that so no problem :D

I heard that tidal power can be an interesting way to produce electricity for UK. But the problem with the renewable energy is not the production but the storage of this energy. For me you can't produce renewable and use lithium battery to store this energy.... It's the main problem today with renewable energy !

I believe in the nuclear thermofusion for the future but we need time for that and a lot of money.... :lol:

MorkTheFiddle do you think that the USA are in the blur for the futur of energy production ?
0 x

Return to “Multilingual Room”