German Book Club/ Tintenherz read-along

Practice your target languages here.
Expugnator
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: Native Brazilian Portuguese#advanced fluency English, French, Papiamento#basic fluency Italian, Norwegian#intermediate Spanish, German, Georgian and Chinese (Mandarin)#basic Russian, Estonian, Greek (Modern)#just started Indonesian, Hebrew (Modern), Guarani
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=9931

Re: German Book Club/ Tintenherz read-along

Postby Expugnator » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:35 pm

So, i've finished chapters 7 and 8 today. How are we going to do then, proceed to chapter 9 this week already? I don't object.
0 x
Corrections welcome for any language.

Brun Ugle
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: English (N), Norwegian (~C1/C2), Spanish (B1/B2), German (A2/B1?), Japanese (very rusty)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=11484

Postby Brun Ugle » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:59 am

I'm OK with whatever chapter is decided on, but maybe Elenia could update the first page so we all know for sure what chapters we're supposed to be reading?
1 x

Egwene
Yellow Belt
Languages: Dutch (N), English (B2), German (B1), French (A2), Italian (beginner)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2955

Postby Egwene » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:49 am

I'm planning to read chapter 9 this week too. Otherwise it is really not enough pages for one week.
0 x
Corrections are always very welcome.

Elenia
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: English (N), Swedish (C1), French (Massively Atrophied) German (lowly beginner, somehow learnt to read)

Finnish?!
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=708

Postby Elenia » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:52 pm

I'm very behind, so I was avoiding this thread (as I realised I do mind spoilers - maybe too late!) I was always thinking it would be sensible to adjust the pace as we went along. Chapters 7-9 sound like a good amount for the week, I will update the first post immediately!

I will likely not catch up before next week, as I am away and couldn't bring the book with me, but I am listening to the audiobook so that I don't neglect this thread anymore. Apologies, everyone!
1 x

EmmaC02
Orange Belt
Languages: English (N)
Learning: German (Intermediate), French (Intermediate), Hindi-Urdu (nada)
For the Future: Arabic, Farsi/Persian
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2169

Postby EmmaC02 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:10 pm

I had no idea "Inkheart" was originally a German novel. I remember it being really popular in English when I was younger, although I never read it. I just read the first chapter in German. I haven't read YA fiction in so long that I may just have to attempt to catch up!

I managed to find the English version as well as the German audiobook :D
1 x

Stefan
Green Belt
Languages: -

Postby Stefan » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:26 pm

Shall we continue on the current path with both chapter #10 (5 pages) and #11 (4 pages)?

Spoilers for chapter 7-9
This had a major twist for me if Elinor is telling the truth that Meggie's mother is alive. Also a bit surprised that she had no idea about Capricorn since I assumed she was more of a "all-wise" kind of character.
Last edited by Stefan on Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Brun Ugle
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: English (N), Norwegian (~C1/C2), Spanish (B1/B2), German (A2/B1?), Japanese (very rusty)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=11484

Postby Brun Ugle » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:40 am

I agree to reading two chapters again. These chapters are way too short to read just one. Also, by now, we're probably all getting a little bit better at reading, no? Besides it's getting exciting. We need to find out what happens.
0 x

Elenia
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: English (N), Swedish (C1), French (Massively Atrophied) German (lowly beginner, somehow learnt to read)

Finnish?!

Postby Elenia » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:07 pm

Managed to avoid the spoiler and read the important information. I am slowly catching up with the audiobook, but missing things. I'll have to reread when I am back with my texts.
0 x

Stefan
Green Belt
Languages: -

Postby Stefan » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:26 pm

Elenia wrote:Managed to avoid the spoiler and read the important information. I am slowly catching up with the audiobook, but missing things. I'll have to reread when I am back with my texts.

I edited my post now so the important information is above the spoiler. Really wish the forum could implement some kind of spoiler tags that hides spoilers until you click on them.
0 x

Elenia
Black Belt - 1st Dan

Finnish?!

Postby Elenia » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:05 pm

Stefan wrote:I edited my post now so the important information is above the spoiler. Really wish the forum could implement some kind of spoiler tags that hides spoilers until you click on them.

I know one user has some kind of workaround, but I forget who, and what. Right now it's a good thing though: it inspires me to catch up faster so I don't have to avoid/abandon this thread!
0 x

Return to “Multilingual Room”