The FORMER A Language Learner's Forum Book Club

Practice your target languages here.
David1917
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N)
Professional Level: Russian, Spanish

Re: A Language Learner's Forum Book Club 2019

Postby David1917 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:46 pm

David27 wrote:Just downloaded it in Russian to my iPad. It was in my reading list so this is a great excuse to get into it. I’m wrapping up a detective book in russian (Boris Akunin- one of his Fandorin books), and I’m a slow reader in russian so I may fall behind, but I will be participating!

What format? I've been trying to find a Kindle version, since I keep forgetting to actually buy this book when I'm in Russia. Like you, it's been on my reading list so let's give 'er a go.
0 x

David27
Green Belt
Languages: English (N)
French, Spanish (advanced)
Russian, Portuguese, Italian, German (proficient)
Mandarin, Japanese, Dutch (low-intermediate)
Latin, Polish: (beginner)
Abandoned languages (for now) :( Greek, Czech, Bengali, Arabic, Norwegian

Postby David27 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:54 pm

David1917 wrote:
David27 wrote:Just downloaded it in Russian to my iPad. It was in my reading list so this is a great excuse to get into it. I’m wrapping up a detective book in russian (Boris Akunin- one of his Fandorin books), and I’m a slow reader in russian so I may fall behind, but I will be participating!

What format? I've been trying to find a Kindle version, since I keep forgetting to actually buy this book when I'm in Russia. Like you, it's been on my reading list so let's give 'er a go.

I found it on the iBooks app. I’m just starting to read it today. I got the worst case of the flu which left me drained, now recovering and able to start doing something that requires some mental energy.
1 x

Cèid Donn
Blue Belt
Languages: en-us (n); français, gàidhlig, gaeilge, cymraeg, brezhoneg, español

Postby Cèid Donn » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:37 am

I hope to be finished with Metro 2033 by the end of this week. Where are we suppose to post discussions about it? In this thread or a different one?
0 x
Note from an educator and former ESL/test skills tutor: Any learner, including self-learners, can use the CEFR for self-assessment. The CEFR is for helping learners progress and not for gatekeeping and bullying.

Serpent
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: heritage
Russian (native); Belarusian, Polish

fluent or close: Finnish (certified C1), English; Portuguese, Spanish, German, Italian
learning: Croatian+, Ukrainian; Romanian, Galician; Danish, Swedish; Estonian
exploring: Latin, Karelian, Catalan, Dutch, Czech, Latvian

Re: A Language Learner's Forum Book Club 2018

Postby Serpent » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:54 am

Here.
Let me know if this thread should be closed to avoid confusion.
1 x
LyricsTraining now has Finnish and Polish :)
Corrections welcome

iguanamon
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Speaks: English (Native); Spanish (C2); Portuguese (C2); Haitian Creole (C1); Ladino/Djudeo-espanyol (C1); Lesser Antilles French Creole (B2)
Studies: Catalan
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=797

Re: A Language Learner's Forum Book Club 2018

Postby iguanamon » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:35 pm

Serpent wrote:...Let me know if this thread should be closed to avoid confusion.

Serpent, I originally created this thread. If it no longer fulfills it's purpose. Please close it.
0 x

Serpent
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: heritage
Russian (native); Belarusian, Polish

fluent or close: Finnish (certified C1), English; Portuguese, Spanish, German, Italian
learning: Croatian+, Ukrainian; Romanian, Galician; Danish, Swedish; Estonian
exploring: Latin, Karelian, Catalan, Dutch, Czech, Latvian

Postby Serpent » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:48 pm

I've not been active in this thread so I'm not sure. If two threads are needed, that's perfectly fine too!
0 x
LyricsTraining now has Finnish and Polish :)
Corrections welcome

iguanamon
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Speaks: English (Native); Spanish (C2); Portuguese (C2); Haitian Creole (C1); Ladino/Djudeo-espanyol (C1); Lesser Antilles French Creole (B2)
Studies: Catalan
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=797

Postby iguanamon » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:18 pm

Serpent wrote:I've not been active in this thread so I'm not sure. If two threads are needed, that's perfectly fine too!

Mista wrote:Ok, so as we were talking about on the other thread, I started a new thread for the book club, in the hope that it will be easier to find and clearer what we are doing. Unfortunately, that means a little bit of hassle in the process of moving over, my apologies for that. Here's the link:

https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 21&t=10009

I hope everyone can just go over there and follow it straight away, so you get notified when people start posting. ...

Since Mista has started the new thread, I am happy to end this one. I have edited the first post to more accurately reflect the nature of this thread as being the FORMER book club thread. Please close the thread in order to avoid confusion.
1 x

Return to “Multilingual Room”