DELF Study Guide Recommendation

Ask specific questions about your target languages. Beginner questions welcome!
fcoulter
Orange Belt
Languages: English (N), French (beginner)

DELF Study Guide Recommendation

Postby fcoulter » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:18 pm

I like to demonstrate to myself that I've actually learned something. I do this in my professional life, and I'd like to do this in my language learning. To do this, I'm planning on taking the DELF examinations.

Originally I had thought to ask this question when I'm close to ready to take the first exam, but I realized that with Christmas coming up I needed items on my wish list for my family to purchase. (My wish list is very long so that whatever I actually get will be a surprise. I try to cull the list once a year, but I add to it throughout the year.) One of the items that I've got on the list is a Study Guide for the A1 DELF.

But then I thought to myself, is this really a good study guide? What I'm looking for is a recommendation for the "best" A1 DELF Study Guide. Then, if I get the Study Guide for Christmas, I'll know that they got me the one that works the best.

The one that's on the list now is Reussir Le Delf : Livre A1 & CD Audio (French Edition). I really need to know if I should replace it soon, before my family gets around to Christmas purchases. (I've already started, so they might have, too.)
1 x

zjones
Green Belt
Languages: English (N), French (B1-certified), Spanish and Greek (abandoned)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=9860

Re: DELF Study Guide Recommendation

Postby zjones » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:58 am

I'm on the look-out for DELF study guide recommendations too. I'm sure there isn't a "best" study guide for the DELF -- there are going to be some that are better, some that are worse, but perfection is impossible to come by in learning and study materials. What's going to matter more is how much effort you put into studying whichever book you end up with.

I've been looking at CLE International's ABCDELF books, because I'm familiar with their Progressive series and I think their materials are pretty solid.
2 x

Return to “Practical Questions and Advice”