Caligraphy lover

Ask specific questions about your target languages. Beginner questions welcome!
Balltongue
White Belt
Languages: Spanish(n). Learning italian, japanese, french, german, brazilian portuguese, south korean, mandarin and cantonese.

Re: Caligraphy lover

Postby Balltongue » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:44 pm

I love calligraphy, hence the tittle, I do that thing with paper, ink and a brush on sundays. Also I do a lot of handwriting in a daily basis, however though I consider that part of it.
0 x
Deleted account.

smallwhite
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Native: Cantonese;
Good: English, French, Spanish, Italian;
Mediocre: Mandarin, German, Swedish, Dutch.

Postby smallwhite » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:39 am

aledda wrote:
... some years ago I bought this, ...
You dip the brush in water, write on that, and voila! The water will appear as ink, ...
After a few minutes the water will dry, and everything you wrote there will disappear, ...

I have something similar to this:

20180609-c.jpg

a booklet with words and grids, just like what we used in primary school to learn calligraphy, but you write with water and it dries again, etc.

I believe you can do the same on any blackboard (what you write on with chalk) and... um...

20180609-d.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x
Dialang or it didn't happen.

smallwhite
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Native: Cantonese;
Good: English, French, Spanish, Italian;
Mediocre: Mandarin, German, Swedish, Dutch.

Postby smallwhite » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:06 am

I also print my own practice sheets using Excel, handwriting font and a printer, in a pale colour, and I write over the words:

20180609-e.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x
Dialang or it didn't happen.

Balltongue
White Belt
Languages: Spanish(n). Learning italian, japanese, french, german, brazilian portuguese, south korean, mandarin and cantonese.

Postby Balltongue » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:20 pm

smallwhite wrote:I also print my own practice sheets using Excel, handwriting font and a printer, in a pale colour, and I write over the words.

That's the first month. Or a few months till you get the whole set of 仮名, that's a basic basic first stage. Then I guess you might do the same thing with 漢字 for a few months.

And then... years and years of searching new chars in http://kanji.jitenon.jp for example, and practicing them on a empty sheet of bond paper. That's the main course. Lol.
0 x
Deleted account.

Return to “Practical Questions and Advice”