Spanish Learning - Next step

Ask specific questions about your target languages. Beginner questions welcome!
BOLIO
Orange Belt
Languages: English (N) Spanish (High - intermediate)
Russian (Beginner)
Language Log: http://how-to-learn-any-language.org/vi ... =15&t=1077

Re: Spanish Learning - Next step

Postby BOLIO » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:32 pm

James29 wrote:
If your long term Spanish goal is to have advanced Spanish skills you should do FSI. It is not "fun" but it is well worth it. It is a necessary step in the most efficient journey to advanced Spanish.

This Xs 1000.

My next language will be one of Portuguese, Russian or French. Either way, I will do all my heavy lifting with FSI/ DLI courses. I hear DLI Portuguese is better than FSI basic Spanish and if so, it must be one incredible course.

Es difícil pero vale la pena.

BOLIO
2 x
Reminder to myself: Perfection is useless and harmful. Just keep moving forward.

harikishore
White Belt
Languages: Tamil (N)
Telugu (N)
English (Fluent)
Spanish (Beginner)

Postby harikishore » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:07 pm

@lavengro & @James29
Thank you for the showing the confidence in the usefulness of FSI Basic Spanish. I'm doing a review of the other course. I'll start FSI as soon as I'm done with it (Probably end of this month). Just one last question about FSI Basic Spanish - I read in the other thread (FSI German: Too Old) that FSI German had too old vocabulary etc. Does Spanish course suffer from the same?

@Brun Ugle
I think I should do the same too. After a couple of months of FSI, I should start watching Spanish TV shows and pick up El Principito and accumulate vocabulary.
0 x

James29
Blue Belt
Languages: English (Native)
Spanish (C1-ish)
French (Beginner)
Portuguese (Thinking about it)

Postby James29 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:52 pm

harikishore wrote:@lavengro & @James29
Thank you for the showing the confidence in the usefulness of FSI Basic Spanish. I'm doing a review of the other course. I'll start FSI as soon as I'm done with it (Probably end of this month). Just one last question about FSI Basic Spanish - I read in the other thread (FSI German: Too Old) that FSI German had too old vocabulary etc. Does Spanish course suffer from the same?

@Brun Ugle
I think I should do the same too. After a couple of months of FSI, I should start watching Spanish TV shows and pick up El Principito and accumulate vocabulary.

The Spanish in FSI is totally fine. The "story line" is a bit dumb but the program and content are still first rate.
1 x

harikishore
White Belt
Languages: Tamil (N)
Telugu (N)
English (Fluent)
Spanish (Beginner)

Postby harikishore » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:00 pm

James29 wrote:The Spanish in FSI is totally fine. The "story line" is a bit dumb but the program and content are still first rate.

Thank you.
0 x

Return to “Practical Questions and Advice”