New purchase

Ask specific questions about your target languages. Beginner questions welcome!
Kclrph79
Languages: English Italian

New purchase

Postby Kclrph79 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:57 pm

My husband received the Rosetta Stone to learn Italian. However, I am confused as to Why he would need any further subscription through Rosetta to learn. He has the discs and I think I understand that he canDownload what he needs from Rosetta Stone with the activation code that he received with the purchase. Can someone please help me here? Thank you
0 x

Speakeasy

Rosetta Stone: Activation Codes & Subscriptions

Postby Speakeasy » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:48 pm

Kclrph79, welcome to the forum!

I’m sorry to hear that your husband is experiencing problems with his new language course. Nonetheless, and I do not wish to discourage you needlessly, I am not completely surprised. Putting aside Rosetta Stone's "sharp business practices" for the moment, this company is known for exercising very tight control over their software. From what I understand, the security features occasionally conflict with users' access rights. In addition, Rosetta Stone has been known for refusing to recognize the access rights of customers who have purchased the company's products from resellers and, more particularly, for denying the access codes of second-hand courses. So then, while the problem could be just about anywhere, I suspect that it lies somewhere within the products's security features. My recommendation would be that, unless you have already done so, you communicate with Rosetta Stone Support.

Rosetta Stone Support
https://support.rosettastone.com/en

Please let us all know how this all works out for you. Best of luck!

EDITED:
Expansion of the text.
Tinkering (OCD).
1 x

Stefan
Green Belt
Languages: -

Re: New purchase

Postby Stefan » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:43 pm

It's been years since I used Rosetta Stone but didn't they change their format a bit by introducing online tutoring and games? So when you buy the software you also get a 3 month trial of those which then turn into a monthly fee. I might be wrong though. As Speakeasy said, it's probably better to contact Rosetta Stone directly.
0 x

Return to “Practical Questions and Advice”