English business exams

Ask specific questions about your target languages. Beginner questions welcome!
Philae
Languages: French (native)
English (fluent)
Spanish (a bit, i almost forgot everything :'( )
Japanese (I am supposed to know something as I studied it for two years...Sayonara??? ^^)

English business exams

Postby Philae » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:16 pm

Hi all,

I am very sorry to ask a very popular question, that surely so much people already asked on this forum, but when I looked at answers they can be so different then I am lost. Moreover it depends on the context, so maybe mine require a specific answer.

I am French, French native and currently working in Ireland ... in a 50% French company :(
So finally I don't improve enough my English level, because most of the time, at the office, I speak French...:/

After more than two years I intend to leave Ireland and move elsewhere. Even if my destination is not fixed yet, I am really interested in Scandinavian countries like Norway, Finland, or Iceland. I dream about spending a whole winter to have time to see a lot of wonderful nothern lights, even if that means to be very cold after this experience.
Or else in an English native spoken country (except USA)

I am 28 and working in ITs and I would like to go on this career path for a long time.
I already took and pass few months ago the CAE (Cambridge Advanced Exam) which is a general exam.

Before leaving Ireland I would like to take another exam, more business-oriented.
For what I know there are the TOEIC, the TOEFL, the cambridge business exam, and surely some others I don't know.
I already passed the TOEIC (825 points) in 2012.

What do you think is best in my context?
The TOEIC, I already passed it,
the TOEFL is more for USA I think? (I don't intend to go to USA)
the cambridge business exam maybe? I already have the CAE which is from Cambridge, it is maybe not useful to have two cambridge exam...
Another one?

Can you help me choose?

Thanks,
Philae
1 x

Ольга
Green Belt
Languages: English, French, German, Greek, Portuguese
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=6206

Re: English business exams

Postby Ольга » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:57 pm

0 x