Looking for help making Glossika Modern Standard Arabic Deck

Ask specific questions about your target languages. Beginner questions welcome!
mystlg18
White Belt
Languages: Native: English
Learning: Spanish (B2); Classical Arabic (A1)

Looking for help making Glossika Modern Standard Arabic Deck

Postby mystlg18 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:10 pm

I see a high value in Glossika and what it can do for language learning/vocabulary acquisition. With that said, I'm kind of a self-proclaimed Anki addict. I'd like to find at least one, if not two, other individuals who would like to help me type the Glossika Fluency workbooks up into Anki cards and eventually share to whoever else needed it to study. I've been trying to amass my deck myself, but it's been taking a while. I figure, if we have 3 individuals (myself included) working on this, at an average of 34 cards a day, we could have the entire program done in less than 30 days. The format of the cards I am creating is front: L2 Text+L2 Audio and back: L1 Text only. The format of the cards will be basic/reversed, to help with both recognition and production. If anybody is interested, please reply to this thread so that we can get in contact about this.
0 x

sketchc89
White Belt
Languages: English (N), Mandarin (beginner)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... php?t=7131

Re: Looking for help making Glossika Modern Standard Arabic Deck

Postby sketchc89 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:01 pm

Someone wrote a script trying to automate this. https://github.com/xiang/glossika2anki I haven't seen if it works or not, but it might be worth a try if you're familiar with programming.

I don't think putting Glossika into Anki is really a good use of Glossika though. The founder of Glossika specifically mentions this in his scheduling YouTube video, and when talking about his algorithm. I've been using Anki for years (have around 11k notes, and 190k reviews), so I know it has its uses. Anki attempts to get you to a point where you remember the content 80-90% of the time, whereas Glossika tries to get the few sentences it teaches you to become automatic. I've been using Glossika GSR and GMS for the last 40 days (schedule C) for about 2 hours a day. My confidence in the meaning of sentences, pronunciation of the sentences, and feel for grammar patterns is better than what I think you'd achieve by putting it into Anki (though obviously you'd put a lot less time into them with Anki's algorithm).

This is all just my opinion though, so if you still feel like putting it into Anki, good luck.
3 x

Return to “Practical Questions and Advice”