Chinese (mandarin) beginner question.

Ask specific questions about your target languages. Beginner questions welcome!
tarvos
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Native: NL, EN
Professional: ES, RU
Speak well: DE, FR, RO, EO, SV
Speak reasonably: IT, ZH, PT, NO, EL, CZ
Need improvement: PO, IS, HE, JP, KO, HU, FI
Passive: AF, DK, LAT
Dabbled in: BRT, ZH (SH), BG, EUS, ZH (CAN), and a whole lot more.
Language Log: http://how-to-learn-any-language.com/fo ... PN=1&TPN=1

Re: Chinese (mandarin) beginner question.

Postby tarvos » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:20 pm

LesRonces wrote:
tarvos wrote:
LesRonces wrote:Listen to Tarvos, he really knows what he's talking about. :)

I am no man.

That's subjective. Whatever YOU feel about yourself, i will continue to adhere to science and call you what you are. I'm a white man. If i tell you lot i want to be called a black African woman, because that's how i FEEL, well that's bullshit and nonsense. I'm not. Just because i want to be called something doesn't mean i can force others to call me that, because others will probably see me for what i am.

Unlucky.

This was actually deleted which shows you how fucked up our world is where a man can claim he's a woman, and someone saying a man is a man will get his post deleted.

You will never be a woman you fucking freak.

Listen, bozo, and I'm only going to say this once because I'm a nice girl and I have no intention of rocking the boat overly hard:

I asked for your posts to be restored. And don't think I did it because of sympathy with your views. The contrary, rather. I want everyone to see for themselves what happens when you behave like a despicable human being. Whether you think this is the truth or not, that doesn't give you the right to insult people and call them names on a public forum. It doesn't give you the right to haze me, or to demean me, or to say any of the atrocious things you've just said in here. The fact you are not about to publicly repent or the fact you didn't choose to back down when I gave you the hint should say enough.

If you disagree with my identity, fine. You can hate me all you want and you'll have your day in the spotlight on your corner of the internet where you can stand and denounce trans women from the pulpit all you want. But in this community, a community I was a part of building and a community in which solidarity trumps reckless bigotry and hate, that's simply not our modus operandi. If you want a community where people can spew their bile and where you can exercise your right to free speech, the trash can forums next door are available to you. Or if you want to post here, you can keep your vile opinions to yourself and if you really dislike me that much for calling you out, just bite the bullet and don't respond to what I say in the future. But this forum is a private operation set up by people who have every right to run the forum as they wish, and since I have been open about being trans and the moderation team has supported me openly before in my log, you should have known better than to obviously violate the rules.

I want your posts up here so you can hang in shame for your behaviour and as a warning sign to everybody else who gets it into their head they might want to do the same thing: Don't. You're just going to make yourself look ridiculous and bigoted, and no one likes a bully. And honestly, if it's bullying on the internet we want to make a contest out of; I'm better at it than you are, for the record. But I have no intent of stooping to your level.
15 x
I hope your world is kind.

Is a girl.

Serpent
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: heritage
Russian (native); Belarusian, Polish

fluent or close: Finnish (certified C1), English; Portuguese, Spanish, German, Italian
learning: Croatian+, Ukrainian; Romanian, Galician; Danish, Swedish; Estonian
exploring: Latin, Karelian, Catalan, Dutch, Czech, Latvian

Re: Chinese (mandarin) beginner question.

Postby Serpent » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:33 pm

LesRonces wrote:This was actually deleted
And you actually had a chance to serve a temporary ban and come back. Instead you've been banned permanently due to the absolutely atrocious messages (which are also offtopic, though that's not the biggest issue with them).

@Njdolby unfortunately transphobia has ruined this thread. Feel free to ask further questions in a different thread (you've started several).
8 x
LyricsTraining now has Finnish and Polish :)
Corrections welcome

Return to “Practical Questions and Advice”