Key to Native-Like Fluency is to stop talking about .....?

Ask specific questions about your target languages. Beginner questions welcome!
issemiyaki
Orange Belt
Languages: English (N); Spanish (Fluent); French (Fluent); Russian (hoping to reach fluency his year!)

Re: Key to Native-Like Fluency is to stop talking about .....?

Postby issemiyaki » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:57 pm

****UPDATE******

Hi gang.

So, my tutoring session was o-k-a-y this morning. (I paid, what I consider top dollar - $20). There were no grammar explanations, no typing up corrections on GoogleDocs (he typed them in Skype), and no lesson plan, at least not that I could see. Talk about no-frills. It's a shame because I really like this guy. He's cute too. (I often fall into this trap - so guilty of this - picking cute tutors.)

First we went through the preliminaries: Where are you from, why do you want to study another language, where did you learn it, hobbies, music, etc., blah, blah, blah. We also talked about a newspaper article he asked me to read ahead of time. (We only spent 10 minutes on the article).

Nonetheless, he was very good at correcting my mistakes, and giving me some excellent turns of phrases. But I think he's still a little on the expensive side for online conversations. So, I might go back to my South American tutor.
2 x

Return to “Practical Questions and Advice”