From B1-C1 Spanish - Advice welcome

Ask specific questions about your target languages. Beginner questions welcome!
alexlancaster1
White Belt
Languages: English (Native)
Spanish (B1)

From B1-C1 Spanish - Advice welcome

Postby alexlancaster1 » Mon May 15, 2017 3:49 am

Hello everyone!

I'm BRAND new to this forum; I just made an account in the past 20 minutes. I joined because I am looking to get connected with other language learners and be a part of a community that's as enthusiastic about this subject as I am.

I am currently sitting at a B1 in Spanish. I have been here for several years and have just decided to make the push and go for C1 level before working any more on any other languages. I am setting myself an artificial goal of "do it all in three months", and any advice you have for me would be much appreciated (I'll make a log in the appropriate section of the forum; this post is about asking for preliminary advice).

I'm planning to use the standard methods: SRS, tv/movies/books, LingQ, iTalki Skype partners, etc.

Anyone have anything to add to this? Glad to have joined the forum! Thanks to all for having me.

Alex
3 x

iguanamon
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Speaks: English (Native); Spanish (C2); Portuguese (C2); Haitian Creole (C1); Ladino/Djudeo-espanyol (C1); Lesser Antilles French Creole (B2)
Studies: Catalan
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=797

Re: From B1-C1 Spanish - Advice welcome

Postby iguanamon » Mon May 15, 2017 11:35 am

Welcome to the forum alexlancaster1! You can have a look at our Spanish Group here at the forum where most Spanish learners here have contributed at some point. You may want to introduce yourself to the Spanish-learning community here over there too.

Like most beginners nowadays you've already done your research. I never used srs, so I can't give you any advice there. There are other tutors available outside italki. Two schools in Guatemala offer lessons for $10 USD/hour via skype- plqe.org and nulengua.com. Don't forget formal study at this point also. FSI Spanish Basic Course can help make grammar automatic. The Gramática de uso del Español B1-B2] book (the next one is the C1 book) should also be helpful to you at this point.

The key to self language-learning is to be persistent and consistent. Try to make listening (to comprehensible input) a daily habit. Again, welcome to the forum. ¡Suerte!
4 x

alexlancaster1
White Belt
Languages: English (Native)
Spanish (B1)

Postby alexlancaster1 » Mon May 15, 2017 3:01 pm

Thanks, Iguanamon! I appreciate the warm welcome. I should have mentioned that I did actually take two full years of Spanish courses at university (required; no other languages were offered) so I have a bit of formal training under my belt.

Thanks for the tutoring info; I might have to check those resources out. Thanks also for the orientation advice. I'll scoot over to the Spanish-learning part of the forum and make an introduction over there. Much appreciated!
0 x

Stelle
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N1), French (N2), Spanish (advanced), Tagalog (basic), Russian (beginner)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=13312

Postby Stelle » Mon May 15, 2017 9:14 pm

Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of us Spanish-learners here.
1 x

Return to “Practical Questions and Advice”