Tracking spreadsheets?

Ask specific questions about your target languages. Beginner questions welcome!
Fenderman
Yellow Belt
Languages: English (N), Spanish (False Beginner).
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 38#p220938

Re: Tracking spreadsheets?

Postby Fenderman » Sat May 27, 2017 8:36 pm

arthaey wrote:I've been tracking most of my language-learning with the iPhone app ATracker since December 2014.

I just have to tap "ES listening" or "FR reading" or "HU Anki" to start a stopwatch timer, then tap it again when I'm done. I can optionally add a note to each entry, typically with what material I was using.

Then I can make charts that split things up by either language, or subdivide within one language by activity, like so:

There are more graphing options. It can export to CSV (ie spreadsheets) and sync to DropBox. But mostly I just use it for posting screenshots here on the LLorg forum. ;)

I completely agree on using ATracker. I have it installed on both my iPhone and iPad and since it saves your history to Dropbox you can seamlessly move between each device.
1 x

mcthulhu
Orange Belt
Languages: English (native); strong reading skills - Russian, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Serbo-Croatian, Macedonian, Bulgarian, Slovene, Farsi; fair reading skills - Polish, Czech, Dutch, Esperanto, Portuguese; beginner/rusty - Swedish, Norwegian, Danish

Postby mcthulhu » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:58 pm

Zenmonkey - I revisited this thread, and was curious about whether you'd ever written the app that you were talking about writing.
1 x

zenmonkey
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Spanish, English, French trilingual - German (B2/C1) on/off study: Persian, Hebrew, Tibetan, Setswana.
Some knowledge of Italian, Portuguese, Ladino, Yiddish ...
Want to tackle Tzotzil, Nahuatl
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=859

Postby zenmonkey » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:16 am

mcthulhu wrote:Zenmonkey - I revisited this thread, and was curious about whether you'd ever written the app that you were talking about writing.

It's been a loooong while.
Best laid plans and all that.

I did start to write this app (2017-2018) and got on sufficiently well that I was using it to record my own activity for a while, but it was buggy and not sufficiently complete to publish to the app store.

Just recently I've taken what I learned from that exercise to redesign a prototype. I'm currently busy with the launch of a business, so the amount of time I can dedicate is limited. But I would like to redevelop this platform. So currently, it's back to being an active but secondary project.
3 x
I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar

Return to “Practical Questions and Advice”