Speaking Feedback

Ask specific questions about your target languages. Beginner questions welcome!
MarianoM
White Belt
Languages: Spanish (Native), English (Advanced) German (Beginner)

Re: Speaking Feedback

Postby MarianoM » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:26 am

Ani wrote:Well I don't know how to rate it on a 1-10 scale but I can already hear a marked difference in your pronunciation from last time. I just went back to check the first recording and your vowel sounds are more accurate and the flow of speech is improved. It's a good improvement for a short time :)

Thanks Ani. I realized that I have to speak with the back of my throat as English speakers do, which is completely unnatural for me but I'm doing my best!
0 x

MarianoM
White Belt

Re: Speaking Feedback

Postby MarianoM » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:28 am

AlexTG wrote:Fluency is good.

Word choices are good.

Grammar is good, only small hiccups maybe once a minute or so. One problem is you sometimes use plurals for non-countable nouns (for instance in the description you say "advices").

Accent is perfectly understandable, but not light. You need to fix your 'v', which often sounds like 'b' ("berry, berry" instead of "very, very"). When you pronounce 'h' you shouldn't feel a closing of the throat, just let the air out like you're sighing. "words" should rhyme with "birds". You're pronouncing 'j' as the Argentine 'y' but it should be quite different.

A common feature of Hispanic accents is that the long vowels aren't drawn out long enough, but your problem is that you're drawing out short vowels sometimes.

Thanks Alex! I didn't know that advice was uncountable! :D :D Thanks for your feedback. I have a problem with my B and V and I still can't work it out.
0 x

MarianoM
White Belt

New Recording

Postby MarianoM » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:48 pm

Hi everyone! After a long period I decided to resume my recordings to continue improving my spoken english. Here you have to link to my last practice. It's a monologue I took from Internet, I memorized it and said it. It's kind of black humour but I liked the phrases and words that it had so here it goes, I will be very glad to hear your corrections and suggestions. Be as critic as you can! I can take it :D

https://soundcloud.com/user-848291766/m ... -crazy-man
0 x

Return to “Practical Questions and Advice”