Audio for the "Historias de..." parallel text series?

Ask specific questions about your target languages. Beginner questions welcome!
Tomás
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N). Currently studying Spanish (intermediate), French (false beginner).

Audio for the "Historias de..." parallel text series?

Postby Tomás » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:08 am

I have all four of the "Historias de..." parallel text books. I have found the English audio on the publisher's web site, but have never found any Spanish audio. Does it exist?

FWIW, I have read three of the books so far. The Mexico volume was the easiest, followed by Spain. Puerto Rico is more difficult, and has a poor English translation. I'm reading the Latin America one right now.
0 x

ThrowawayIguess

Re: Audio for the "Historias de..." parallel text series?

Postby ThrowawayIguess » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:08 am

Are you sure it's the English audio you have? I had a listen to a couple of tracks I downloaded, and they started out with a (rather lengthy) English introduction before moving on to the Spanish text.
0 x

Speakeasy

Postby Speakeasy » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:29 pm

Tomás wrote:I have found the ... audio on the publisher's web site ...

Could you please provide the link to the audio? My searches of the McGraw-Hill website yielded zero results. Merci à l'avance!
0 x

Tomás
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N). Currently studying Spanish (intermediate), French (false beginner).

Postby Tomás » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:40 pm

Speakeasy wrote:
Tomás wrote:I have found the ... audio on the publisher's web site ...

Could you please provide the link to the audio? My searches of the McGraw-Hill website yielded zero results. Merci à l'avance!

https://www.mhprofessional.com/product.php?isbn=0071701761 Click on "downloads and resources". The audio starts in English and then goes to Spanish. D'oh!

I highly recommend these books for beginner-low intermediate. It's neither great literature nor even good non-fiction, but they're not as boring as children's books. It's it's reasonably engaging and you learn something about the cultural and historical folklore. The Spanish audio makes it even more valuable for early efforts with LR.

Leave the PR volume for last, due to the poor translation.
0 x

Speakeasy

Postby Speakeasy » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:31 am

¡Muchas gracias!
0 x

James29
Blue Belt
Languages: English (Native)
Spanish (C1-ish)
French (Beginner)
Portuguese (Thinking about it)

Postby James29 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:14 am

I liked the Puerto Rico one. I thought the stories were pretty well done. I only read the Spanish side so I cannot comment on the English. The Spanish was quite easy to read. These are great for a transition from a course like Assimil into real books.
1 x

Return to “Practical Questions and Advice”