are the musics wordings under "lyrics" for songs on youtube provided by detection of a translate tool ?

Ask specific questions about your target languages. Beginner questions welcome!
jimmy
Green Belt
Languages: I am a Polyglot.

are the musics wordings under "lyrics" for songs on youtube provided by detection of a translate tool ?

Postby jimmy » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:02 am

sometimes, in especially dialectic Arabic , I think so. But not sure. What do you think and what is the truth?
1 x
Autodidactic - Polyglot - Rational

Cainntear
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: English(N)
Advanced: French,Spanish, Scottish Gaelic
Intermediate: Italian, Catalan, Corsican
Basic: Welsh
Dabbling: Polish, Russian etc

Re: are the musics wordings under "lyrics" for songs on youtube provided by detection of a translate tool ?

Postby Cainntear » Tue May 07, 2024 12:50 pm

You can type in your own subtitles or let YouTube's own software create them for you. There is no way for a viewer to know which way a particular video's producers went.
1 x

Le Baron
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: English (N), fr, nl, de, eo, Sranantongo,
Maintaining: es, swahili.
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=18796

Re: are the musics wordings under "lyrics" for songs on youtube provided by detection of a translate tool ?

Postby Le Baron » Tue May 07, 2024 2:58 pm

jimmy wrote:sometimes, in especially dialectic Arabic , I think so. But not sure. What do you think and what is the truth?

If the subtitles look strange they're likely a product of the auto-subtitling which no doubt uses Google's own translate service.
1 x
To have talked much and read much is of more value in learning to speak and write well than to have parsed and analysed half a library.

Return to “Practical Questions and Advice”