Road to advanced proficiency in Arabic

Ask specific questions about your target languages. Beginner questions welcome!
Ayrossi
White Belt
Languages: French ( C2 )
Dutch ( C2 )
English ( C1 )
Arabic ( B2 )

Road to advanced proficiency in Arabic

Postby Ayrossi » Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:28 am

Hello,

I have been reading a lot on this forum and I have learnt a massive amount of information.
Thanks to all contributors!

The last two years I have been working on my Arabic a lot.
I updated my profile when I created it and said I was at a B2 level but I definitely had overestimated my level.
B1 was definitely more the reality and only know I think I reached B2. ( No official tests have been taken ).
Now, the C-levels start to seem more and more accessible and I want to improve my Arabic to that level.

My current program is as follows:

I currently have three hours of private classes a week and one hour of a class that teaches grammar.
Besides that, I myself teach an Arabic class to two students at A1/A2 level for two hours a week.
That class requires me to prepare myself for it for one hour at least.

This means that the strict minimum of "active" learning I do is 7 hours a week.
I consider the part where I am teaching as learning too since we speak only Arabic during that class ( I insisted on that ).

Besides those classes, I currently study at least 3 more hours every week. ( Sometimes this is grammar, sometimes reading and looking up new nouns/verbs/... ). I also listen to Arabic at least 2 hours every week.

Now the question:

I came to a point where I feel like I need to invest a little bit more time to evolve even more in a reasonable timestamp.
I really love the Arabic language and I don't mind having to put more efforts into it.

That is why I decided to very soon add 4 more hours of private classes every week for at least a few months.
I will take off half a day every week to be able to do that.

Since I am investing quite a lot of time ( and money ) into this I would like to hear about your advices to make the most out of those next months and more specifically the private classes.
How do you improve the most during private classes when you reached an intermediate level?
Would it be a good idea to propose to the teacher that I "teach" him a subject like grammar and he corrects me when I make a mistake?
One of my mistakes is that I read, listen and speak a lot but hardly write.
That is definitely something I have to work on.

Thanks in advance, and I apologize if this was long to read
2 x

jimmy
Green Belt
Languages: ...

Re: Road to advanced proficiency in Arabic

Postby jimmy » Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:16 pm

اهلا و سهلا
لبداية، استطيع انْ اقول انّ هذه لا كِتاب طويل عن تفكر.
و عن إستمرار لهذه موضع ، انا سأنطق عن كل الزمن
انتم لا مجبر انْ تخذ تدريس لدراسة لغت العربية (او كل لغت(

بعض فكري
١) كن نشيط ل لغت
٢) لا تكن حازن لكل الفعل انت تريد انْ تفعل في هذه طريق.
٣) إعمل كسيرا

انا افكر ان هناك موجد أكسر من آخر اشخاس و اولائك مدروس للغات و يقولون هذه لغت صعبة بل هذه فكر لا صحيح

لا يمكن شخس من يريد ان يذهب الى العنوان أنّ ذلك شخس يود إلّا إذا إراده
0 x
Self Taught - Autodidactic - Polyglot

Return to “Practical Questions and Advice”