Writing in workbooks

Ask specific questions about your target languages. Beginner questions welcome!
księżycowy
Blue Belt
Languages: *Native*
English

*Studying*
Biblical Greek, Hebrew, German (Arabic)

*Waiting List*
Irish, Polish, Lithuanian, Italian, Modern Greek, Latin, Old English, Japanese, Korean, Chinese (Mandarin, Cantonese, Taiwanese), Vietnamese, Mongolian, Tibetan, Aramaic, Amharic, Arabic, Haitian Creole, Cayuga
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=17499

Re: Writing in workbooks

Postby księżycowy » Sat May 06, 2023 8:07 pm

As others have said, it depends on the book itself. If it's something that doesn't give room for writing the answers in the book, I generally don't. Though, taking the example of a hardcopy of Teach Yourself Irish, I'm not above writing in books if I find it important enough. (In this case it is things that help with the exercises, as certain relevant information is not always consistently presented, such as if it is singular or plural "you".)

In some textbooks (mostly thinking of German here) the workbook is so integrated that, yeah, I write in those.

In actual workbooks, it depends. For Greek and Hebrew, as I tend to like to scribble all over the passages, and reading is the main goal, I write all over those suckers.

But I've also started getting pdf copies of certain resources made so that I can print off particular pages/lessons/whatever.
2 x
Dead Log
Modern European Log
East Asian Log

DaF Kompakt A1-B1 (Klett) : 1 / 30
Modern German Pronunciation 2e (Hall) : 0 / 7
[Greek and Hebrew TBD]

Return to “Practical Questions and Advice”